• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper/Nytro front shocks

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the JRE spindles? You are lowering the front end with them, only to raise it again with longer shocks. Or is there some other benefit that I am missing?

Moab,

your correct, the ride height stays pretty close to stock with this set-up. The gains in other areas are big though. For starters you probably have around 2" more travel than stock up front which helps allot in the bumps or when traveling fast downhill, You also have a lower COG the way JRE mounts the lower A arm in teh spindle. Its all on their website. I'm not a suspension guru but this mod was relatively inexpensive (Jre spindle and used longer front shocks) and it changed the whole sled for the better.

So what I need to confirm is the official eye-to-eye length on all the 2016 vipers. I am hearing people think 18.5" and I am also hearing that 18.25" is the ideal set up with the JRE spindles... So if the AC and Viper shocks are 18.5, are there any new 18.25" options out there? Can I get an adjustable ride height shock and lower it .25"?

I would like to explore all my shock options at this length since I am virtually sold on the improvements I will achieve with the JRE spindles. I'm partial to a coilovers and clickers - I don't want to carry an air pump around all the time like I did with my 14' viper.

At the moment, I am trying to get the length on these Walker Evans. I liked them on my 14' assault and have no problem being the first to try them on a nytro.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 101
I called hygear and they worked with me and jre to develop the axis shocks on my sled. They are 18.25" long and the front end far exceeded the rear and they also redid the rear and had it performing amazing. They also felt the slicast arms might be a great addition to fine tune what the jre spindle has given to the sled. Fed worth calling them and setting something up, and totally agree the air shocks are not worth the effort at this point.

I called hygear and they worked with me and jre to develop the axis shocks on my sled. They are 18.25" long and the front end far exceeded the rear and they also redid the rear and had it performing amazing. They also felt the slicast arms might be a great addition to fine tune what the jre spindle has given to the sled. Fed worth calling them and setting something up, and totally agree the air shocks are not worth the effort at this point.
This is good feedback and confirms everything Schuey has been saying...Can you post or PM pics of what you purchased for the front end with a little more detail? Thanks

All my sled info is on the jre site aswell if you contact hygear just mention same as Darrin Palmatiers

Anyone ever install or have used Fox Zero X clicker rear and Zero X fronts with piggyback needle clicker adj?

Back