• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper skis on Nytro

cycleone88

I have a 2009 Nytro RTX, I was wondering if the skis off of a new Viper will work on my Nytro. I believe they are off of a 2015 Viper

Nope. The skis and spindles form the Viper are the Cat Procross chassis. Don't fit the Yamaha spindle.
Too bad as the current generation Tuners are much better than the original version.

They are still basically the same ski. Don't waist your money.

Pete

The reason I did it I had c&a skis and it steered to hard my brother had a spare set of viper skis and let me try them

A lot of times it is just getting your suspension adjusted to help compensate for hard steering. Limiter strap at stock setting? center shock adjustment, front shock preload, rear preload, etc. A recent Snowtech magazine article gave some great info on adjustments for aftermarket skis and hard steering.

Pete

My suspension is dialed in just how I like it the c&a's are just to aggressive for my riding style. When I rode hard I liked them but most of the time we just cruise.

Cool. My Curves are hard steering as well, but hold the line and corners. So I will stay with them.

Pete

I have to say with the c&as if you turned it was definitely going in that direction but was such a bear my wife wouldn't ride it so she got the nytro and gave me the apex back

Checkout the jan/feb Snowtech article on chassis setup. It was written by USI ski guy, but may help you resolve the hard steering. I'm trying some of it now, but we just don't have the snow for testing. Just make sure you write down all your starting points prior to making any of these. That way you can always go back if they don't help.

Pete

Back