• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper snow flap on a 08 Nytro

raginyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 xtx
Got er mounted up lined up great with my bumper... 2 rivets go thru the bumper for this flap on the inside

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 577
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 707

its about 2 1/2 inches longer, i thought the nytro one was too small to begin with. more snow in the skid is a good thing IMO. plus the people behind me will appreciate it....

Looks good raginyamaha, could you post some side pics? Did you have to make new holes or did it line up with the existing ones?

I will get a few more pics tonight. I had to drill new holes a little higher to line up the bumper holes in the flap. I also need to fill the opening by the light, I feel like snow will come thru and block my light

You are correct. If you don't block the hole snow will come through. I went for a little ride I the ditch and when I was done my light was covered in snow. Shane.

From that picture the nytro flap is 2/3rds the size of the viper. First time you reverse with that its gonna get dragged into the track and chewed up... = my speculation

Supa Dexta said:
From that picture the nytro flap is 2/3rds the size of the viper. First time you reverse with that its gonna get dragged into the track and chewed up... = my speculation

X2 I cut my nytro flap off for that reason. Even after I first cut it off I wouldnt back up in certain places then I realized that I actually could back up much better in many more places.

The viper flap sticks out a lot more than stock. Not saying it won't get pulled under but should be no worse than the factory flap

I ordered a blue one for my nytro, hopefully it keeps the snow off my tunnel pack better than the stock one.

I ran the viper snowflap this winter and loved it.

Did the same thing to my 12 Apex xtx. Works much better on the snow dust and no it does not get stuck. Like the idea about placing on the Nytro. Might just do that.

I put a skinz trail flap on my nitro two years ago, it is so thin that it gets sucked into my track easily when going over whoops, constantly have to stop and pull it out and try to bend it back. For next season, definitely going to try the viper flap, looks like it'll get the job done.

Back