• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vmaxx questions . . .

Indy

TY 4 Stroke God
98 vmaxx etc deluxe. Ya, I know this is the 4 stroke side, however I dont have much luck on the 2 smoke side.

1. The steering is very sloppy, loose. So I know it is in the shaft, underside of motor, what are the parts needed? does the engine need pulled?

2. Grips, I've had to re-rivet a few times. The switch turns way too loose. Now they've quit working.
do I need to replace all? OEM or aftermarket make a difference? How do you remove the old grips and replace (tips)

I plan on attending the Novi show so I can purchase the parts (aftermarket) there if necessary.

I can help you out with the grips. You should just stick with the OEM grips. Some aftermarket grips dont work on yamahas. OEM 2stroke grips worked great for me.

The steering linkage should be accessable by removing the expansion pipe. Its been years since I sold mine but there might be a linkage behind the motor also that may be the culprit. Mine had 16000 miles on it and was still as tight as the day it was built.

Sorry that link fails just go to Yamaha sight and go to snowmobile parts

98 Linkage.gif

Back