• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

waste gate crack setting

max rolph

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
998 turbo
when using thepressure tool to see where crack pressure is..... is the waste gate supposed to hold pressure, ??? when im testing mine it cracks about 11-12 but will leak dowm .... its a new high end pressure gun and guage. i can pump it up and i stop when it moves arm slightly but then pressure slowly drops and gate closes.....

when using thepressure tool to see where crack pressure is..... is the waste gate supposed to hold pressure, ??? when im testing mine it cracks about 11-12 but will leak dowm .... its a new high end pressure gun and guage. i can pump it up and i stop when it moves arm slightly but then pressure slowly drops and gate closes.....
Needs to hold and not leak, directly connected to the actuator diaphragm

i have TD adjustable/boost timer etc and when i use the pump n gage... i pump pressure till arm slightly moves which is 11-12 on gage an then stop pumping but it leaks dwn on gage when i stop.

Are you using the turbosmart wastegate or factory? Assuming you’re using the turbo smart.

turbo smart from TD with electronic controller
Got ya, yea the air from vacuum lines in the solinoid should actually force the wastegate shut untill the ecu says to open. Are you sure it’s not leaking out elsewhere since it bleeds down? Also without sled running it won’t make vacuum pressure to close the wastegate and hold it shut, I believe.

Last edited:
using a mity vac ?

What ever your pressurizing it may be leaking itself.

Back