• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weather stripping foam to stop snow getting in around the headlamp?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
Hello, I was thinking of putting some foam seal tape around the headlamp or hood to stop snow from getting in around there. I have vent screens over every other opening but still have lots of snow getting in, gotta close that space a bit. It’s so open. Could anyone please measure the space on their Nytro between the headlamp and the hood cover? Would much appreciate!! I don’t got my sled with me right now but wanna get some weather strip of some sort for the weekend and try it out. Suppose to get a good 6 inches Tuesday and another couple later in the week!
:letsnow:

top of light is 1 inch plus, sides are about 1/4 but tapers down. Under light the is a small gap and vertical grill for air.

might try this, maybe can stick it around the headlamp and it’ll puff up to fill some of the gaps, maybe add some super glue to hold it on good

Attachments

• A56C184B-F356-457A-9577-D0A578A2D981.jpeg
    A56C184B-F356-457A-9577-D0A578A2D981.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 70

Back