• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What carbides are most of you guys running?

happy1426

Expert
my 11 came with just single runners I know on my older apexs we used to use a dual runner just wondering what size brand and what not I should change them too? thanks

Well if you don't mind spending the extra cash go with SnowTrackers.
No fuss install and no fuss setup. A simple bolt on that works well in any conditions and with any driving style.

Bergstrom triple points last forever, made in USA, and Scott the owner is a great guy to deal with
Very true. Scott is a great guy and makes a great product. When comparing Triple points over stock carbides they are great. Now you still need to add the Ski Saver and Shim to the Triple points to help get rid of the darting.
With this combo most of the darting is gone. The carbides last a long time and handle the concrete and pavement gas stops very well.
With SnowTrackers the darting is gone, they bite in the hard pack and icy corners is awesome and the steering is almost effortless. Its like adding EPS to a non EPS machine.
I have over 6k mile with my Trackers and they are still in good shape. The self sharpening design that they have works well.

Bergstrom triple points last forever, made in USA, and Scott the owner is a great guy to deal with

Great product...overpriced. Perhaps the best actually. $210 a pair is steep. Maybe $130 or so would make me more interested.

However, for the money, I can buy 4 sets of 8 to 10" carbides for my C&A's....that would last me 5 years at least!

I have an 07 apex gt and hadn't had much for darting issues. My srx was terrible at darting.
After the stock wear bars wore off in the first trip I bought shaper bars for more front end bite. I love it. It went from very very little darting to very little. I just don't seem to have the issues that others do. Machine still had very low kms though at 3400. I put on 2500 of those last season though!

Bergstrom triple point's work the best for us. Trail riding in Northern Wi. I have a couple sets for sale if your interested.

Last season was my first using Snowtrackers aggressive.

Wish I had tried them sooner!!!

Snowtrackers agressive here too, been running them for several years. Only thing that came close for me was Qualipieces Cobra head 6", a little cheaper but not as good.
Very important to set toe in/out as close to zero as possible when running Snowtrackers.

Ran shaper bar dual carbides last year. This year I'm trying the Woody's Slim Jim dual carbides. They are space further apart so things aren't supposed to get wedged in them as much. I also have pilot skis.

Snowtracker aggressive and love them, but $$. Picked up a new set at the Syracuse show last month. Only needed the carbide, but got a good deal on a new set.

I have tried most including everyone mentioned in this tread and more and by far rthe best you can get are snowtrackers period.

Funny I tried Pilots and found them aweful in loose snow. So I put back on the OEM yami's with original Woody's duallys. What a difference..love them.

Back