• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

looked at sled lol as i just swamped my quad on saturday trying to get down a flooded trail. frickin water is up 3 feet over the high water line.

Re-installed re-built Floats (front & rear) thanks Pioneer Performance. Also re-installed cleaned secondary after new lower bearing (original still fine after 15000Kms) and re-greasing upper jackshaft bearing. Checkmate & bikes put to bed this weekend and looking forward to another great winter!

Just finished changing my chain-case oil and engine oil. I love my Viper, but every time I change the oil I want to slap someone silly. No matter what clever little tray thing I make out of an oil bottle or pop bottle I always seem to get oil all over the inside of the belly pan and the floor and have to clean it all up. Oh well it's over for this year.

This is a list of what I've done this summer/ fall, I didn't do it all in one day. LOL. I swapped out the rear suspension on my Warrior for a Ski Doo Grand Touring. Hopefully this will ride good 2 up with my wife and ride good solo to. Then I installed an Apex radiator and fan. Then I installed an Ulmer Oilite bushing kit and did an oil change. Next I cleaned the clutches. Then this weekend I put on a 2" handlebar riser with a Mountain RX throttle cable. The last two things I want to do is add some kind of storage. Either a tunnel bag or a tank bag, I'm not sure which I want. And the last thing I want to get is some hand guards. I'm not sure which ones I will go with and which ones will fit the old Warrior the best. I think I'm about done tinkering on it this year. Now I just need some snow to try it out.

Put 2 miles on the odometer. It went from 0 to 2 today. She got her hot supper break-in and first oil change.

Put my track and drive shaft in my apex and then I got a call that my grandma's heat is not working in her house so I am done for the night on the sled. Maybe I can get more done tomorrow night, if I don't get side tracked.

Attak 07 Changed oil , filter , greased , syphoned old gas out, changed antifreeze, installed rear heat exchanger, Put new Dupont slides on , added marginal wheel kit,
added 4th wheel kit, put all new bogie wheels on from Port Yamaha. Put Yamaha skid plate on, put new ski skins on. put new gps on, also have power outlet for my helmet
shield .Got new J&S snowmobile lift ,waiting on my ice scratchers. I have been working on my sled a month. Real happy with the way everything went. Waiting
for snow.

Added a bag and net to the tunnel.

Added a strap for the occasional stranded rider. For whatever reason I tend to be the tower in our group.

viper-bag.jpg

Complete oil change, chain case oil change, new DuPont sliders, installed spare carbides for clicking stones ( early season riding ), greased, new set of cr10ek spark plugs, topped up fuel tank and redy to ride !!!!

Pulled front end, rear skid, handle bars and riser block, preping tomorrow to send it all for powder coating on Monday, later this week full oil changes, putting in new oilite bushing and forth wheel kit, waiting on new monochrome gloss black windsheild and white hand gaurds to come, along with waiting for my Super-Q exhaust to show up anyday now. Jack&drive shaft bearings also have to be done before within the next two weeks. This is what she looks like now, going for more of a black and white look, will update when I get her completed within the next few weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 64
Installed ice scratchers on my ski's from over the top. Sled is ready for the UP.

Got both Apex's ready to go. Changed all the oils, greased clutch side bearings, changed slides, added 4th wheel kit to my sled, added marginal snow wheel kit to wife's, and topped off the coolant. I decided to change the wheels on my sled as the current wheels have 13k miles on them, even though they spin freely and seem fine, my buddy thought I was nuts to run them again. So i'm gonna change to new ones and keep these as back ups and just change the bearings which I have plenty of.

Back