• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

I have the same ones except in blue. How many rivets on each did you use to install them? I will be doing that this weekend.
They supplied 12 per side. I used 10.
They don't show the TY tunnel supports on the website. Wish I would have known that they were available.:confused:

I installed a nice voltage meter in the dash. 1 1/2 in x 3/4 in. Digital and bright easy to see. I installed a small micro switch to shut it off when not running but when stored off season I can flip the switch and read to voltage to see if it needs charging. When running it reads 14.2 when shut off it reads 12.6 which is 100% at room temp. When I give it throttle it will change to 14.1. then back to 14.2 when backing off the throttle or having a steady throttle.

Today I washed it after getting it back from my good buddy yamahadan...he put the 128" relocate in it and did a few other odds and ends!
image.jpg image.jpg

fixed the skid plate last night as it lost a mount bolt and cleaned the debris from last weekend off. 60km of 24" powder ungroomed trail breaking. no stucks at all. might be a little skill involved ;)!

After #$%@!%$$# around for hours with the allen head bolts on the 2 into 1 bracket we were FINALLY able to get the exhaust off and inspect the flex pipes. They are good with no holes or cracks (for now), so we just replaced the header gasket, installed sledtoyz copper exhaust donuts, put in new exhaust band clamps and removed the leaking left side running board heat exchanger.

Rebuilt shocks are back from Pioneer and the front ones are on the Attak and the rear mono is installed in the skid.

Was also able to finally get the primary clutch off. Took 2 of us, a puller bolt, a 3 1/2 foot breaker bar and a wooden handle broom. Im not sure it has ever been off before.

I got to try my 2 up Ski Doo Grand Touring suspension with my wife this weekend as she rode with me for the first time with it. It worked quite well. With the rear spring set on the stiffest setting the sag looked great. I made a sleight adjustment on the trail and it really handled better, although I might need to soften the ski shocks a little more. Overall I'm pleased with this conversion. I know there are better riding suspensions out there, but its still better than the Pro Action, plus it handles the extra weight of a passenger. I would like to upgrade the shocks from oil shocks to gas shocks, but that may be a problem. I can get a Ryde FX for the center shock, but I can't find anything available for the rear shock. I think the problem with finding a gas rear shock is the length of it. Its 22.25" and most of the Ski Doo shocks aren't over 18". Maybe there are custom length shocks out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Back