• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

My old sled. Grrrrrr
Pulled out and am going to gusset and weld up at a good friends shop!!
image.jpg

Can't say I know a Jim. My buddy Paul. Fellow quad racer. Does all installs for hawk auto.
I have heard of a Jim around here, doesn't happen to be the shock guy?

YEP.....Jim Bowman first house on the right after the little Ferris Wheel on road #:dunno:....OOOOOOPPS I forgot :rolleyes::brrr::letsnow:
Ahhhh 1mile away from me. I know the road but best not to post. I had my 07 skid shocks done by him through my dealership (rry) but they said he doesn't allow stop ins. Had to be sent through dealership. Anyway I can get set up with him through you guys?? I've sent so many buddies elsewhere for service and honestly I like keeping business local.

Thank you. Found him. Heck, that's really good for shock service no!!??!!?? Small freaggen world. My buddy Paul, shop where I welded my arm, grew up beside him. They were neighbours.

As for sled. Worked on my old 07's 4th broken pivot arm. Did some major re-enforcing today. Also did my spare I bought and broke last season.
I sure like welding :)
Not bad for a 110 plug in mig. IMO. image.jpg

Thank you. Found him. Heck, that's really good for shock service no!!??!!?? Small freaggen world. My buddy Paul, shop where I welded my arm, grew up beside him. They were neighbours.

As for sled. Worked on my old 07's 4th broken pivot arm. Did some major re-enforcing today. Also did my spare I bought and broke last season.
I sure like welding :)
Not bad for a 110 plug in mig. IMO. View attachment 105011
That came out good. Looks like a strong repair.

That came out good. Looks like a strong repair.
Thanks!! When my buddy told me it was a 110v I was worried. But she cut in good. High with a feed of 6 1/2. No burn throughs!! It's up 1lb with that channel. Plus or minus a little bit.

I finally got a chance to install my Garmin Zumo up this weekend. My wife got it for my bike for X-Mas and I figured I might as well use it on the sled to. I downloaded a Vt trail map from Trailmasters. It looks good, but I didn't get a chance to ride this weekend because I helped my brother and my father with their trucks instead. Oh well there's always next weekend. I also installed the soft start spring from Barn of Parts. I rode it a couple of miles and it felt pretty good. Hopefully when I get out for a real ride I'll still like it, but I think I will. Here's a pic of the GPS.
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG

Back