• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you think these parts are worth?

nydiver

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
09 Nytro RTX
91 Phazer II (gotta have a classic / kids bomber :) )
I found a batch of parts for the Nytro on the ol CL and so I reached out and about fell over when the quote came back for the lot, maybe I'm a dope so here's the list:

Hauck Header and Silencer
K&N air filters
Hauck or someone (Not power commander) programmer, aw hell, say it is a PCV
Elmer clutch kit

Said he'd throw in a air-fuel gauge too. He felt it was a steal of a deal

So what say you the price for this lot should be?

Anyone else have a used price idea for the lot? Looking for opinions of fair market value. Thanks in advance

$500 would be a pretty good deal.....a complete with clutching hindle hurricane kit with clutching is $1750 and that's about the same thing just another manufacturers kit.

And that kit would be brand new, what would be a fair value used? You say 500 is a good deal, i.e. maybe its on the low side. So let me throw out: Is 1000 an insulting offer (that is not what his offer was...)? Or is it more than what should really be expected to pay?

Last edited:
Rule of thumb for most used parts I always figure was half of new. Depending on how much use they had and shape of the equipment, any more than that then it would be worth spending the extra for new (as long as u can afford it) then u have warranties and customer support for setting up and fine tuning everything

That's about where I work. I was going to hit him low with a 500, and top in my mind i wanted to pay was 750. He throws 2k non-negotiable. I answered with is that with a turbo or supercharger, got a profanity in return.

I recently say a similar kit (different brands) go on a Facebook swap site here in Mi for $800 obo, similar with guesses above i would think someone offered 650-700 and he took it

Nydiver, You should buy my nytro and sell yours, Its down for sale in the 7 day classifieds..

For info, Hauck was at 1375 for this stuff in a package, 50% outs it around 680, 75% is around 950. Kid is abstinent that he's getting 1800 and not a penny less out of them.

That kid is out of his mind! I wouldn't buy it no matter what the price is. Get a SC or Turbo instead. The loud pipe will only get you in trouble eventually and the performance gain is minimal at best. I ran a full hurricane kit for a winter and wasn't all that impressed with the gains.

That's about where I work. I was going to hit him low with a 500, and top in my mind i wanted to pay was 750. He throws 2k non-negotiable. I answered with is that with a turbo or supercharger, got a profanity in return.

Seen it listed on the Albany CL-
"call or text with offer"..... Why not just list a damn price instead of going thru the hassles?

He can sit on it for that $$$.

That combo (header, K&N, fuel controller, clutch kit) nets you up to 145hp and a big gain on torque everywhere. I've been running this combo for 4 years and I like it. It's not a turbo, but its a step in the right direction. I won't go turbo because I'm at sea level and don't want the 50lb wieght penalty and besides most 800's are 155hp +/- 5 if you cut thru all the BS so this kik does close in on their performance.

All that said, the gear mentioned is not worth 2K used...that's a joke. 700-800 USD is where i'd be and start low 500 as ur thinking.

Head for the the TY classified's and piece it together yourself.

OTM

I would bet you could get all that new for that price.
Header 200-400 silencer 500 PCV 400 K&N filers not sure 50-100? Ulmer clutch kit 400 so 1800 or so new?? maybe pay up if like new to 1000 but it would have to be like new.

Back