• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is it really going to take to make an XTX handle?

Number1kyster,
I ride in everything from fresh and deep to bumpy or groomed, The JRE spindle is a big improvement in all conditions. If you set it up correctly the front ride height is very close if not the same as stock.

We will see what the fall brings. If I can find an XTX cheap enough I will buy one and add the JRE kit with Pilot 6.9's.

I had my mind set on going back to a 2S but it's harder than I thought!

My XTX Settings

Stock skies-Mountain or trail-with snowtrackers and it rails.(Skies set to wider stance for trail riding) I personally like using the mountain skies all the time because they have better floatation.

Sway bar moved to the stiffer hole.

Front skid shock lowered all the way and tighten 1 turn.

Limiter strap pulled up one hole.

Front shocks-springs loosened up all the way and tighten one turn. Compression/rebound set to my preference(Don't need much ski pressure with the front skid shock lowered)

Rear skid spring set to minimum.

Im 220 without gear and its a great trail and off trail machine.

Hope this helps ;)!

YEP......... X2 on this stock set-up

number1kyster,

Try your XTX with the stock skis and some aggressive carbides before you buy the Pilots. When I switched to the Pilot 6.9 ski my sled understeered much more than with the stock ski, the softer the snow the worse it was.

stock ski with semi-aggressive snowtrackers, and if you wander off trail the MTX ski with same snowtrackers work amazing for everything. be sure to set toe in according snowtracker specs

The dual carbide skis with the jre spindles don't seem to turn enough, if doing any the a arm, spindle swaps probably best to stick with a single carbide ski. I have jre with tuners and wish I had stuck with the stock ski, I might try the c&a skis if I get enough set aside this summer.... But I would say shaper bars on stock ski with the mountain tech front end is best bang for buck as it will stretch front end out a lot and not at cost of the skinz.

You don't need to spend a ton of money to make a nytro handle, suspension set up is key!

Everyone has a different opinion and style of riding, depends on what you want/like. I have mine set up soft in the rear with lots of weight transfer, front suspension left at factory spec except for clicker set up, that's personal preference.

Skis are a must if you go off trail, if you do don't waste any time or money on the 6.9's, they float great off trail but leave a lot to be desired on trail! They push bad in the corners. I had a set and sold them, put a set of OEM MTX skis on, night and day!

Play with your susp settings, find out what works for you, Id suggest taking a note pad and making notes, where you start and any changes made, that way you can return to factory setting and make changes if you don't like it. Small changes make a big difference.

I agree with radianguy, I have rear set up soft with overload springs, OEM MTX skis, gear down one tooth. It works great on and off. Really hooks up with gear adjustment.

I did the relocation and it felt like a different sled but with all the standing sitting transition My knees hurt like hell.
Put on. Tall seat and that is all that is really needs to be a great handling sled. And knee pads so you can push hard in corners...

I'm going to try the Hygear Slicast arms, Went there last week. Guys were super cool, busted out a set of their Slicast arms, went over all the benefits. Seems like a great product at a very decent price.

It took 2 seasons to really get a handle on the 09 Nytro XTX I have.

Simmons Gen 3 Skis (It is a different sled with them on it).

Good upper body strength - with the Gen3's it is a handfull.

A big pair of B***S. Seriously, it is like there is a whole other sled in there when you get in the zone. For me the whole first season was finding the tipping point. The second season was realizing the tipping point I thought was there goes away at the next level. Third season, buddies can no longer keep up in the twisties.

Back