• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What kind of skis for my nytro xtx?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
I want some powder skis that are good on trail and aren't too expensive. They are for a 12' nytro xtx, any thoughts?

I believe the best deal out there is a set of curves. Also, most feel that they are the best handling skis for the nytro!

Best deal is to install yamaha mountain skis that were fitted on 08 mtx Your loops and carbides transfer over. You just need the ski mount bolt and spacers. Same on the trail as the stock nytro ski way better off trail ski.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Which ones do you have?
I have the xs' with a 6" carbide and the 4" leading edge. All of the kits are based on the same ski, just different mounting hardware.
Best deal is to install yamaha mountain skis that were fitted on 08 mtx Your loops and carbides transfer over. You just need the ski mount bolt and spacers. Same on the trail as the stock nytro ski way better off trail ski.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
This was not the best deal for me. I had tuner skis so nothing was transferable. I originally wanted the mountain skis with snow trackers, but the final price with the mounting hardware was way too high.

I have the xs' with a 6" carbide and the 4" leading edge. All of the kits are based on the same ski, just different mounting hardware.

This was not the best deal for me. I had tuner skis so nothing was transferable. I originally wanted the mountain skis with snow trackers, but the final price with the mounting hardware was way too high.
Yea, I had a quote for some Slydog powder hounds 7", and it was $680, that's with out taxes. So stupid.

The mtx skis were an inexpensive fix for me. And i am happy with the performance.

Yes the powder pro is a nice ski. Can't remember what mine cost. If you can find a used set of aftermarket skis even from a different brand lots of times you just need to change the saddles.

Back