• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what would be a good trail sled for wife (phazer?)

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper RTX SE
shopping for a sled for wife shes 125 lbs and is fairly small, does not need a lot of horse power. was thinking a older phazer 2007-2009

what do you guys think? any problems with these sleds ?

I will be interested in what others have to say about this. If I can ever talk my wife into getting her own sled I thought a Phazer looked like a good machine to learn on.

2007 Phazers had a few issues. I would look at 2009 as they got most of them issues sorted out.
If it were me I would get her a 2012 FI Vector with power steering. Good sitting position and good wind protection.

I would second the Vector as a good choice. A very nice reliable trail sled. Unless she's more of a standup rider, then a phazer might be something to look at.

x2 Vector or Viper IMO.

Phazer in my opinion NOT the sled to learn on, my $0.02. But hey, go for a test ride on one and find out!

My wire is the same size she had an 07 phazer 9000 miles now she has an 09 phazer she has rode my mothers vector said it feels dated on huge compared to phazer she loves her phazer rode at -25 this year never complain about being cold once

I had bought my wife a new 2011 Phazer GT. She's is about 130#. She still says it was the warmest sled she ever rode but she could never get comfortable/ confident on it. Always felt "tippy". After 2 seasons she tried my '11 Nytro XTX and wouldn't give it back! Now she has a '15 Viper LTX DX and says she's driving with more confidence than ever!

shopping for a sled for wife shes 125 lbs and is fairly small, does not need a lot of horse power. was thinking a older phazer 2007-2009

what do you guys think? any problems with these sleds ?
I have a 2005 Rage I was thinking about selling. It is completely sorted. Updated cam chain tensioner, wide front end, new oil lite bushings, Boss seat etc

Last edited:
My wife is 5'6" and 125 lbs. She loves the Vector LTX..with Duallys. If you get one I'd get one with power steering for her. My wife does fine just somedays it'll fight her . Same for me..wish I had power steering as well. :)

I'd make her test ride it first. She may not be comfortable as to how much rider input is needed to get the handle of it.
takes a little to get used to at first. But can be set up for the rider like any.

My wife hade a 07 that i made to 136,sold it and bought hear a apex se and she loves it, much better then the phazer.
Less tippy.

my wife rode 27000 km on a 07 phazer,she really liked it but there were little annoying things that she doesnt miss now,ice buildup on floorboards,more vibration,a little tippy,snowpants sticking to tunnel due to water flowing down,now she rides a 2013 venture gt with eps and she loves it,no issues with the weight,mind you my wife has alot of seat time on a sled so she can keep up with us no problem

I have a 2005 Rage I was thinking about selling. It is completely sorted. Updated cam chain tensioner, wide front end, new oil lite bushings, Boss seat etc
Thanks i bought her a rage back in 2006 and it was a lot for her to handle then we got out of in 2008 and just getting back into it.

I agree with the vector option that will last forever my father inlaw is 70 and he loves it ( with power steering) and unreal on fuel

The biggest factor here to my way of thinking is riding style. If you guys cruise groomed trails the phazer isn't the best choice in my opinion. If you ride any woods/ off trail and maybe semi aggressive trail riding it is a great sled. My wife loves hers that has been extended to 136". She is 5' and 100 lbs soaking wet. It does require a fair amount of rider input for her being so light. It is almost effortless for me in comparison at 220 lbs.

Fun factor is high enough that if I am trail running with the guys I will leave my sled with almost 2x the power in the trailer.

Hope that helps.

Back