• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What would it take for Yamaha to become #1 snowmobile sales?

so we need a light, inexpensive and reliable performing sled...easy...2 stroke.... or a 600cc motocycle motor in there...i know they can build it.. but yes,not just the high performance market, the entry level affordable sled also...
Would definitely be a hit but one problem. Regulations. All the Japanese companies have always built to current and future regulations be it emmisions or things such as size. Some other companies have pushed the rules or gotten them changed such as the Atv size regs or in Cats case and arguably Doos case the 2 strokes. I guarantee the Doos don't meet emissions when ridden aggressively. They are another VW waiting to be caught.

How to become number one is easy stop building sleds that last forever and start building junk like the rest! Keep em buying ever other year instead of every 8 to 10 years!

If Yamaha did this, if Yamaha did that. If if if if if if :o|:o|:o|:o|:o|:o|
Sounds like this is a non Yamaha forum and you are trying to convince yourself to jump ship to Yamaha but only if they did ...........

To answer this thread's question about what would it take Yamaha to be #1 in sales, that's easy
Copy the #1 selling sled on the market and sell it for a G note less them. It may not be a true Yamaha but in a few years time it should propel them into the lead.

Sadly there is so much truth in that. I went to the company that builds 3% of the sleds because they are the toughest out there and last the longest because I was tired of buying new sleds every couple years because the motors went bang the chassis would fall apart. Yamaha is/was over built and I like that.

I rode Doo's and Cats for years and I left them to ride Yamaha because unlike the Doo's and Cat's Yamaha where built to last. Give me a Yamaha drive train and chassis with skid from most any other manufacture. Anything else is substandard!

i don't know that Yamaha's outlast the other 4 strokes out there that much... i mean, the motors are bullit proof but the rest is not more durable then other makes.. suspension, chassis, all break after 10 000k or more like the reste.. not that i haven't owned all other makes in the last 6 years...

I sold the viper last week. Waiting to see how the sidewinder goes they will decide. May have to drive my sons sxr 500 for a season. It's between sidewinder or Polaris's new xcr. Would prefer 4 stroke but found viper real tipy going fast around corners.

They need 2 things. A very light bare bones sled (phazer motor lightened up) but respectable appearance and ride and under 8000 and then same sled with the old vector engine same concept (bare bones) for under 9000 then all the high end stuff you could wish for from there for the die hards. You need cheap reliable stuff to get people into it but needs to look like the higher end stuff (like skidoo and cat did all same chassis)

i wish they would developp a sled , like they developped a side by side, and when they put the sidewinder motor in their side by side, with paddle shifts, they will crush the competition... they also blew out the competition with their VMAX a few years back.. so we know they can put out that ground breaking stuff when they want.. maybe the sidewinder will sell a lot and it will show Yamaha that if they build it , we will come...:yam:

Back