• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the best goggles out there?

Here's a quick story about goggles. I use an open face helmet with goggles and roost guard. Smith still makes full face guards so I use Smith. Earlier in the season I ordered a couple of pairs of SME goggles (compatible with the face guard) with my favorite clear lenses because that's what Dennis Kirk had. I've struggled. Last week I ordered and received a couple of pairs of my old favorite Smith Caribou goggles, also face guard compatible and in fact the lenses interchange with the SME model. Lo and behold the difference was night and day. No fogging, no cold nose! The Caribou and SME models look identical but the Caribous have better foam on the face and in the vents. What a difference $10 can make. Frames make the lenses perform. I'm still a Smith Caribou OTG fan.

Any FX Nytro rider will have improved goggle performance after they eliminate the snow from getting inside the cowl and turning to steam.

SB

check out pro-vue they have interchangable lenses that work awesome! gogles and your choise of 3 lense colors and a bag for like 69$ they are smith otg frames!

i was just up old forge ,ny about 2 weeks ago. standing still the high was -7 below 0 farenheit, rode 110 miles in 1 day with the 509 2009 sinister goggles and an open face HJC. No breathe guard aand just a standard balclava and no problems. No snow dust, no fogging and no cold at all.They come with a small nose guard which keeps all wind off your nose and an extra thick foam that seals nicely around your face. I prefer the 509 over the Smith,Spy and Oakley goggles. Highly recommend.

NJNYTRO said:
i was just up old forge ,ny about 2 weeks ago. standing still the high was -7 below 0 farenheit, rode 110 miles in 1 day with the 509 2009 sinister goggles and an open face HJC. No breathe guard aand just a standard balclava and no problems. No snow dust, no fogging and no cold at all.They come with a small nose guard which keeps all wind off your nose and an extra thick foam that seals nicely around your face. I prefer the 509 over the Smith,Spy and Oakley goggles. Highly recommend.

When you say 'open face' do you mean MX style or literally an 'old school' open face?

Back