• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's up with the revised 1049cc?

The Vector motor and Nytro are the same except for the stator. The Vector stator puts out more amps which drags the overall HP output down as compared to the Nytro. The stator on a Nytro is much smaller and puts out less amps which is why a Nytro has more ponies under the hood. It also explains why the hand grip heaters dont work well to.

The Vector motor and Nytro are the same except for the stator. The Vector stator puts out more amps which drags the overall HP output down as compared to the Nytro. The stator on a Nytro is much smaller and puts out less amps which is why a Nytro has more ponies under the hood. It also explains why the hand grip heaters dont work well to.

The cams on the Nytro and Vipers are different part numbers than the Vector and Venture. The stators are different but I think the cams are the big factor for the HP difference. Other than that they are pretty similar

The cams on the Nytro and Vipers are different part numbers than the Vector and Venture. The stators are different but I think the cams are the big factor for the HP difference. Other than that they are pretty similar

This is the correct reason it's not the stater it's the cam valves and valve springs.

The Nytro motor is definitely not the same as the Vector motor, sure their both 3 cylinders but there not the same hp out put and do have differences between them.

I'm wondering if they didn't just standardize all the 1049's by putting the nytro cams/springs in the Vector engine so all the the long blocks are identical now for 2016. Makes sense as a money saving move and not bad for the consumer also.

Just read about this in the latest issue of SnowTech. Was going to ask if this involved the 2016 Viper, but sounds like it does NOT .

I'm wondering if they didn't just standardize all the 1049's by putting the nytro cams/springs in the Vector engine so all the the long blocks are identical now for 2016. Makes sense as a money saving move and not bad for the consumer also.
That would not make me happy as I am all about mileage & range on the Vector.

There's not much of a difference in mileage between the 2, my Nytro and buddies 2010 Vector are within pennies at the pump, my carbed 07 actually kills both of them in mileage.

My MCX 290 Turbo Apex gets better mileage than my stock Apex as long as I am not on the bar with the turbo all the time.

I had a 700, 600 & 500 2 stroke V Maxes all at the same time. Every fill up the 700 took the least fuel & that was mine being driven harder than my wifes or sons.

My old SRX blew everybody's minds when we got gas. I would use less gas than the Polaris 550 fan that was supposed to be so great on gas. Just because a sled has good power doesn't mean it will be bad on gas.

Back