• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats your BEST trail trip??????

BigDogrx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 rx1
Want to hear about folks favorite 3/4 day trail riding trips. (Location).
I live in middle of lower Michigan, so distance matters, we usually do U.P. but getting tired of how they don't seem to want riders money, the reason I say that is they PURPOSELY grade everything but trails to concrete so every town you hit they make you drive 1/3 miles each way BURNING your sled up, just leave me a path in and out with snow on it.

The trails of Taylor, Price and Lincoln counties in WI are great for a 3-4 day trip during the middle of the week. Great trails and somewhat unknown so you can ride all day and not see another group.

Totally disagree WUPMI towns right on trail well groomed conditions same with Vilas County WI. No idea where you have been in UP? I ride 2-3K miles in referenced area & have well groomed trails 90% of the time.

If you would have read my post before yapping, I didn't say I didn't like U.P. trails (I DO LIKE TRAILS) .
I WAS TALKING ABOUT GETTING IN AND OUT OF TOWNS (they could leave snow path on 1 side of road!!!!!

If you would have read my post before yapping, I didn't say I didn't like U.P. trails (I DO LIKE TRAILS) .
I WAS TALKING ABOUT GETTING IN AND OUT OF TOWNS (they could leave snow path on 1 side of road!!!!!
Better post towns you seem to think are scraped clear as I can name a whole bunch that are groomed to the max in and out.... UP is a big place maybe you are riding eastern UP I'm talking WUPMI Ironwood east to Mount Arvon then South to Iron River only skimpy in & out is Baraga off the top of my head and Baraga is in a LES hole always has been. If you are going to say all the towns in the UP don't maintain trails in & out of towns & peeps don't want snomo riders money then you will have an issue with many members on here.....heck of a thing to say might want to reword.

Geez would you find something to do.
Besides looking for a argument.

Geez would you find something to do.
Besides looking for a argument.

Looks like you only want opinions that agree with yours. If you make a strong statement with a broad blanket, you have to be prepared for people to disagree. Everyone has an opinion not all are the same. Accusing someone of yapping in the manner you did shows that you are quick to rile and clash. Saying that roads are plowed down purposely to keep sledders out is a bit far off base. If they don't plow the roads the people with cars then complain to the municipality for not plowing the roads and making them safe. Somehow I think that those people outnumber the sledders and are catered too for that reason. Car safety is number one! If graders don't clear the snow then it builds in depth which makes sledders happy but the first bit of near freezing or sun or salt softens the snow which creates a hazard for automobiles.

Looks like you want all towns to make a snowmobile trail into the heart of the town. In truth that is rare even up here. Majority of trails pass the town and most towns have gas and food on the edge of town. Might not be the best food or services but going into town is running on roads, roads are for automobiles. First bit of sun and your running gravel, asphalt and concrete all mixed with road salt. Hard on carbides and sliders but that is why they are expendable and changeable.

This is a bit confusing. I thot the title of this thread is Whats your BEST trail trip??????
not Complain about access to amenities.

So for staying true to the title of this thread of Best Trail Trip it was logging over 500 miles in a day with a couple of TY'ers. We were on many different club and provincial trails including the two longest trails in our area called the Can Am and the Tin Pan.

To address the Complain about access to amenities ,well I really can't. The clubs around here work with town and government officials to establish access lanes to allow us sledders to tank up our sleds and our bellies.

Its not always a groomed path to the pumps or the burger joint but it is a designated path for us to drive on legally.
No matter what you are operating one needs to remember that driving is a privilege not a right. So feel privileged that you have access to a town's pumps, restaurants and bars via a sled.

Leaving Minocqua in the morning and riding up to Saxton Harbor and back is a nice trip.

I have to agree with BigDox Rx last year was a mess. There was a lot of logging going on south and west of Hurley causing them to plow almost all the non maintained roads down in the bear chasers region they also had quite a few heat up and melts that caused ice so they plowed hoping to get snow back and it never came. Areas around Bessemer and wakefield were bare blacktop almost 1/2 the season. As far as the Yooper the trip from Hurley to Copper harbor and back when the snow is good is the best 400+ mile trip I know. Last year was terrible though they had multiple groomers down and never got cought up

This is a bit confusing. I thot the title of this thread is Whats your BEST trail trip??????
not Complain about access to amenities.
So for staying true to the title of this thread of Best Trail Trip it was logging over 500 miles in a day with a couple of TY'ers. We were on many different club and provincial trails including the two longest trails in our area called the Can Am and the Tin Pan.

That was ONE SWEET DAY Riding as we Covered a Pile Of Country Side, AWESOME RIDING...AWESOME TRAILS...AWESOME FRIENDS.

Oooooooh DONT FORGET....Like the Elusive Sasquatch I believe there was a "BUSH SLED" sighting that day to.:confused::confused::confused:

I have many favorite rides. Locally around Duluth Up the North shore over to Trestle inn then Isabella, Yukon trail to Two harbors and back down the North shore 220 miles great if you are early and the trails not to beat up.

Back