• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHERE ARE THE 2016 YAMAHA CATALOGS

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
I was up to the Old Forge Snofest yesterday. Took 6 different sleds for demo rides. After my demo rides, I go into the pavilion to look over all the new models, and to pick up the new catalogs for the 2016 models. I get the Polaris, Cat, and Doo catalogs, then go over to the Yamaha display, and ask where are the 2016 catalogs, and was told they haven't came from the printers yet. Give me a break, was this a surprise that Yamaha was going out on these Spring shows like they do every year? Can't believe they even screw this up. I did get to ride the 2016 Viper LTX LE, which rides a lot better then the 2014, and 2015 models. Also drove the Viper Turbo, but was not impressed with it. The best sled I rode was the Doo 800 renegade. Great power and the ride was awesome. Now after the rides, I am even more confused as to what to buy for 2016. Snow is melting fast. I had a snowpack of 40" last Saturday, but am down to 27" this morning.

I was up to the Old Forge Snofest yesterday. Took 6 different sleds for demo rides. After my demo rides, I go into the pavilion to look over all the new models, and to pick up the new catalogs for the 2016 models. I get the Polaris, Cat, and Doo catalogs, then go over to the Yamaha display, and ask where are the 2016 catalogs, and was told they haven't came from the printers yet. Give me a break, was this a surprise that Yamaha was going out on these Spring shows like they do every year? Can't believe they even screw this up. I did get to ride the 2016 Viper LTX LE, which rides a lot better then the 2014, and 2015 models. Also drove the Viper Turbo, but was not impressed with it. The best sled I rode was the Doo 800 renegade. Great power and the ride was awesome. Now after the rides, I am even more confused as to what to buy for 2016. Snow is melting fast. I had a snowpack of 40" last Saturday, but am down to 27" this morning.

From your post I think you should get the Doo I don't know why you haven't... You don't seem like a happy guy with Yamaha.

Few things to point out with the turbo your not impressed with too. You were riding an un studded sled with 181 hp in what was really either slush or sugary snow ontop of ice. Also normal operating temp is 180 and where max hp is made. These things in 40deg weather being ridden by idiots and idling all the time I bet were at 200-210 deg. Idk in 1/4mile the turbo viper at the shootout went 109 in factory trim, and 114 in 1000feet with dealer prep... All the 800s went 102-104 and the cat turbo was 106. Yea That probably wouldn't impress me either.

Had a guy when I was helping a friend look at a sled for his wife start arguing with me over durability of the sleds. And how awesome his pro r was and why should you have to change skis and redo shocks on yamahas. But his pro r he had to redo the shocks and buy some iso-vibe bar risers to keep those rattle traps from putting his hands to sleep. (I rode them and they were nice machines but still have rattles and toooons of vibration I can't stand, hands fell asleep on the 20mph ride to the trail system 1 mile away).

Most people have made up their mind before even getting on a sled, they just wanna ride an beat on other guys equipment imo.

Rode there two at sno fest and had the exact opsite impression thought the turbo I rode was a great sled I rode all 3 they said they had 2 they had three young kid that was leading my group was on one and when we switched he waved me on it was 2016 ltx se had no turbo decals not a 15 sometimes u gotta look threw the forest to see all the trees the sled needs studs studed I doubt theres many that can hang with it on the trails

Did you happen to ride any sled with the single shot suspension?

Voodoo child, They did not have any single shot suspension sleds to ride.
Captcaper, Not really sure what I will buy. Renegade was nice, but would like a 4 stroke again, and the 1200 4 stroke from Doo doesn't have enough power for me. May just go with another Apex. I'm just a little annoyed with Yamaha, since my 2011 Apex has been at my dealer waiting for some exhaust part since Feb. 13. Hope I get it back before the snow melts in my area.

I think we'll see Gordon on the Apex again!

I'm loving the 15 Viper RTX I picked up a couple weeks ago. I now understand why Yamaha discontinued production of the Nytro.

My neighbor waited last year for a pump or something for his SkiDoo for a couple of months. So the grass isn't greener on the other side might apply.

I went to the sneek peek yesterday in Oaks Pa. Guess what ""STILL NO CATALOG'S"" Hey' Yamaha ""WAKE THE F#&K UP""

Warrior Brownell's Yamaha in Easton NY has donuts and has had them all Winter. As far as Snow Fest went Yamaha Showing was the worst I am dumping my viper and getting a new Apex. I was looking to ride one and not, I guess I should be thankful I could see it. I rode the ski doo also MXZ XRS I didn't like how wheelie happy the sled was. That can be adjusted out, it is fun on a straight but in a corner not so good. I to am looking at the Ski Doo MXZ-X 800 still on the fence. The Yamaha Rep was taking pictures of the lines waiting to ride the sleds and the other Manufactures set ups. I have to give him credit at least Yamaha will know how much more interest there was in the other manufactures than there one horse show.

I went to the sneek peek yesterday in Oaks Pa. Guess what ""STILL NO CATALOG'S"" Hey' Yamaha ""WAKE THE F#&K UP""
Still gonna be 2 weeks that's 1 day.... Sorry they didn't get them printed but let's be honest, your online now and probably looking on their website at the same thing that's printed. Let's help save some costs to our brand and use the catalog they post online that we all refer to anytime we wish

Still gonna be 2 weeks that's 1 day.... Sorry they didn't get them printed but let's be honest, your online now and probably looking on their website at the same thing that's printed. Let's help save some costs to our brand and use the catalog they post online that we all refer to anytime we wish
That's me, I bleed blue but what a about the guy that goes to these shows to kick tracks and make comparison's between sleds. He sits at the dinner table spreads out all the new brousher's to figure what sled has what and hey no Yamaha brousher. I myself would think, If this company cannot get a simple thing like a sales brousher to the show's do I want to spend X amount of dollars on one of there sleds?

Back