• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where are the spark plugs?

Ridgehunter

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha venture
I have a 2015 yamaha venture multi purpose, was looking for the spark plugs to take out and put some fogging oil in to lubricate the cylinders, but can't find them. This is the first snowmobile I've had again since 1998, before you just lift up the hood and there they were. Any help would be appreciated.

The plugs are under the ignition coils and require the removal of the gas tank to access. I don't think many guys fog through the plug holes.

I see you are relatively new to TY. Welcome. You will quickly see why the VL&MP section is otherwise known as the Order of the Moose.

That should get his attention.

I have never fogged a 4 stroke, including this one. Never a problem even after 13k km.

Is there a tutorial on removing the gas tank? I've have my sled home for the summer (you all will be seeing a lot of me here) and need to replace my plugs. I would imagine the gas has to be drained somehow.

No tutorial as far as I know but it's not too complicated. Remove the seat, remove the top and side tank covers, remove two bolts from tank, disconnect hoses and wiring, pull back on tank to remove. You could drain it using a siphon or a suitable pump but it's not so heavy that you can't lift it. About the same as a 20L gas can. You'll have open access to the plugs. Maybe check your steering while you're there, especially the dogbone joint.

The spark plugs are intentionally located in the spot that the evil engineers get the biggest kick out of hearing people scream, "What the F where they thinking!!!!" across the Pacific Ocean.

Heads up, get the ORIGINAL PLUGS (one piece) or you will be cussing the parts guy out when you get home for not giving you the screw on plug caps for your "superceded" plugs the manual says to use. Or make sure you have new, clean NGK plug caps in the garage.

Actually, these engines don't have spark plugs. Instead they use electro-photonic transducers which is why my Venture MP can run with a Sidewinder. No fear, none of them will never know because no one scrolls this far down. Who can get past the sidewinder, apex and viper forums. Those guys are so much more entertaining 24/7.

Back