• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who do u guys find to be the most irritating?

Just go get yourself a ten foot Yellow rope and store it in your sled. At some point in time (they will need it) just pull it out.
There will be no need for words than. Save that for off season! Its great conversation!!

This is way too ironic not to share my story from this weekend. I really have no need to bash SkiDoo or Doo owners as the ones in our group are great guys that just ride and don't bash the rest of us. That and the fact that their sleds are pretty rock solid (so far)

We were on a lake letting the kids have some handlebar time in the fresh snow out in the open where they could do no harm. We all stopped and chatted while they did laps. We all joined up with them for a run down the lake only to find one buddy with his MXZ-X 800 dead in the water.

By the time I got back, he already had the doo-yellow tow strap out as he had broken his starter pull cord. That could happen to anyone. He waved me over as to pull him off the lake, but I called BS and showed him how to use the emergency pull cord to clutch start his sled. He was amazed at how well it worked and asked me how I knew how to do it. I said, I saw youtube videos and had never done it myself as I am on my third Yamaha 4-stroke and they always started. That and I have micro-jumper cables under the hood. That was the perfect time to land that dig.

My other buddy with us, owns an MXZ-X 600 and 550x for his wife. She was crying about darting and squirrely skid, so I let her ride my XTX into lunch. After about 10 miles, she was amazed at how stable it was and drove like a car (she says) I told my buddy he has a long track GSX or Renegade in his future, and you better hope it lives up to my XTX! HA!

Don't bash, just ride. And if they want to try yours, let them. They can live in denial.

What I find irritating is guys that come up to ride and they have literally just pulled their sleds out for the first time that year and then we spend half a day getting them running, changing hyfax and carbides and whatnot.

I spend a good month every year with my sleds in the fall going over everything so that my stuff is ready and I don't inconvenience anyone else.

There, I feel better now.,

This is way too ironic not to share my story from this weekend. I really have no need to bash SkiDoo or Doo owners as the ones in our group are great guys that just ride and don't bash the rest of us. That and the fact that their sleds are pretty rock solid (so far)

We were on a lake letting the kids have some handlebar time in the fresh snow out in the open where they could do no harm. We all stopped and chatted while they did laps. We all joined up with them for a run down the lake only to find one buddy with his MXZ-X 800 dead in the water.

By the time I got back, he already had the doo-yellow tow strap out as he had broken his starter pull cord. That could happen to anyone. He waved me over as to pull him off the lake, but I called BS and showed him how to use the emergency pull cord to clutch start his sled. He was amazed at how well it worked and asked me how I knew how to do it. I said, I saw youtube videos and had never done it myself as I am on my third Yamaha 4-stroke and they always started. That and I have micro-jumper cables under the hood. That was the perfect time to land that dig.

I have to agree with you that not all Doo riders are obnoxious jerks. Heck I had a 02 MXZ 700 and I loved it and had no trouble with it. My father and a friend of mine have 2000 Formula 600's and they both like them (my friends has 10k trouble free miles). My neighbors are an older couple and they both have newer Doos and they love them and don't bash my Warrior. Its not fair to blanket everyone ridin' a Doo or even a Harley as being snobby or obnoxious because its not true. In my experience most riders of all other brands are just out having fun like I am. I don't care what anyone else rides as long as they're happy. Just my .02
My other buddy with us, owns an MXZ-X 600 and 550x for his wife. She was crying about darting and squirrely skid, so I let her ride my XTX into lunch. After about 10 miles, she was amazed at how stable it was and drove like a car (she says) I told my buddy he has a long track GSX or Renegade in his future, and you better hope it lives up to my XTX! HA!

Don't bash, just ride. And if they want to try yours, let them. They can live in denial.

For me it's ski doo riders...two of my best buddies ride ski doos...and no doubt they are a quality machine...but jeeze does ski doo push the propaganda on these guys...they honestly believe what they are told....when it comes to yamaha..they still use the exhaust donuts, wheels, weight, and handling issues from 07 in their arguments...lol. And they honestly believe the ski doo 4 strokes are the best on the market...better than yamaha...now I can understand stand if they say we have the best ride in the biz...but in no way do their engines even compare...that big 1200 is a pooch stock...and I proved that again yesterday on the lake with my (new to me apex xtx)...my buddy honestly told me that he read on doo talk that the 1200 can walk an apex...I proved him wrong yesterday...so what was his argument aftER I beat him ?? " yamaha is going out of business "...."ski doo is number one in sales".... lol....oh...and here is something else I called him on...he claimed he was getting 18 - 20 mpg....yesterday I got 14 mpg with the xtx...so when we went to top off...he took one gallon more...I told him..." you are not getting 18 mpg, you are getting less than 14"..."not only are you slower, but you use more gas"...he said" but the guys on doo talk said I should get 18 mpg"
Do you see what I mean...?? And he is just one example of the yellow goggle crowd (and he's the least vocal of the doo riders I hang with).... ski doo lies about their weight, their hp, and mpg..yet the yellow sheep believe it as gospel...it's maddening to me...if they weren't so cocky about it...I probably wouldn't care....but I noticed that it seems to be getting worse...and I just had to vent about it...there is nothing I like better than shutting up yellow riders. What do u guys think?? Or...am I wrong?? (If this heads to the dog pile...I totally understand. ..just had to vent)
Where I am at its more cat guys that doo guys so this weekend I had somthing to prove to my buddys {worlds fastest production sled 1100 ac turbo} that my apex was faster. Guess who shut who up!!!!!

I have always had yamaha and they always get me home. My buddies have such hate towards yamaha and I don't get it. They blow up poos, doos, and arctic cat guys always wrenching. My dads a mechanic and his hands are cleaner than two of my buddies with arctic cats. I never bash or say a word, I just pull out my tool kit that I never used and let them wrench trail side. That's worse then bashing.

What I find irritating is guys that come up to ride and they have literally just pulled their sleds out for the first time that year and then we spend half a day getting them running, changing hyfax and carbides and whatnot.

I spend a good month every year with my sleds in the fall going over everything so that my stuff is ready and I don't inconvenience anyone else.

There, I feel better now.,
X2....I have friends who are wrenching on their sleds in the parking lot an hour before we are to leave on our annual trip...it drives me nuts...me and a couple other guys are always ready...yet we always leave late because somebody is still wrenching or having a problem...and worse these guys usually break down during the ride...further delaying us...and as usual they ask the 4 stroke guys to tow them (almost always the yamahas)...last year one guy pulled his sled off the trailer, and started changing his slides...I wanted to scream....lol. There is nothing worse than being excited for an annual trip...and being delayed by procrastinators! !

I have always had yamaha and they always get me home. My buddies have such hate towards yamaha and I don't get it. They blow up poos, doos, and arctic cat guys always wrenching. My dads a mechanic and his hands are cleaner than two of my buddies with arctic cats. I never bash or say a word, I just pull out my tool kit that I never used and let them wrench trail side. That's worse then bashing.
Yep...and for me it's the doo guys that hate yamis the most

I've owned both Doo and Yami. Love and dislike things about both brands. New Doo's have some amazing 2 stroke technology and eliminated a lot of the stroke smoke, decreased oil consumption and increased

Every sled has their pluses and minuses and I think you have to know and accept that when you buy the brand/model you want. Why do you think the aftermarket for sleds is so robust. All the manufacturers have to make compromises on costs vs targeted margins.

Why do we have to bash each others brands? A little good natured ribbing, esp on Cat, is expected and warranted :Rockon:

Isn't it more important that we all ride.

I had a funny this week....went riding last week up north (4 Yami's...total of over 2k' miles between the 4 of us in 2 1/2 days and not a single hiccup)....got back to work on Monday and a guy who has an office next to me (Die Hard Doo Family) was blabbing on and on about how awesome his brothers new Doo is and that he would never own a slow heavy Yamaha, yes he is that guy. He asked "So did you see any Ski-Doo's fly past you while you were up there"....I said "Nope, but I did see a few with a funny yellow looking rope attached to the front and they were following awful close to the sled in front of them (true story)"

Later in the day he said "Did you see any brand new Doo's up there"....Me, "Yup...seen a brand new on a trailer at the hotel and it never got unloaded...must have been scared it would break down or something, looked nice though."

He stopped asking me stupid questions after that.....

X2....I have friends who are wrenching on their sleds in the parking lot an hour before we are to leave on our annual trip...it drives me nuts...me and a couple other guys are always ready...yet we always leave late because somebody is still wrenching or having a problem...and worse these guys usually break down during the ride...further delaying us...and as usual they ask the 4 stroke guys to tow them (almost always the yamahas)...last year one guy pulled his sled off the trailer, and started changing his slides...I wanted to scream....lol. There is nothing worse than being excited for an annual trip...and being delayed by procrastinators! !
OHHHHH! I feel your Pain !!!!!

OHHHHH! I feel your Pain !!!!!

ok I might procrastinate a little on a non critical repair on the sled but that is ridiculous. I have ridden a whole day with my sled all over the trail because there was not enough snow to test my new parts on before I left. did not hold up the group though. set it the next morning in the parking lot before that days ride.

the ones that are most irritating to me are the ones that cannot belive you did that with that sled. happened to brother by sault ste marie on weekend. riding with a buddy who takes and gives a good ribbing about his doo. hit a twisty part of the trail on a power line that you could short cut if you wanted to across the loops over some hills. there was a group waiting at the stop sign at the end. buddy on his renegade 600 sdi pops over the last hill and they where all heck ya dude. them my brother pops over in a fresh track on his 2013 rs venture gt and carves right down to them. could not belive that he did that with that big heavy thing lol.

OK, I have to chime in. I've been saying for years, if a sled is over the line & in your lane, it's probably yellow. I'm not bashing DOO, i think they're great sleds & maybe my next sled. BUT, ever since Blair Morgan started dominating snocross, the DOO boys think they handle soo well they can handle all by themselves. All sleds have good & bad traits, but the Yellow blinders are the worse...

I own both Apex an a 1200 Doo. The Doo (GSX SE) gives a fantastic ride and is a blast to drive! I almost sold the Apex and got another 1200 for myself but chose rather to make my Ape the best all around sled I could...for my type of riding. EPS was the deciding factor.

For this season I added an M-20 Airwave to the rear, touring windshield and WRP seat. All I (and anyone else that climbs aboard) can say is "Wow, I didn't know riding could be so easy! It is really nice to put on a high mileage day without the physical price tag!

BTW the 130 hp 1200 uses slightly more gas than my Apex but it costs less. It burns regular.

I own both Apex an a 1200 Doo. The Doo (GSX SE) gives a fantastic ride and is a blast to drive! I almost sold the Apex and got another 1200 for myself but chose rather to make my Ape the best all around sled I could...for my type of riding. EPS was the deciding factor.

For this season I added an M-20 Airwave to the rear, touring windshield and WRP seat. All I (and anyone else that climbs aboard) can say is "Wow, I didn't know riding could be so easy! It is really nice to put on a high mileage day without the physical price tag!

BTW the 130 hp 1200 uses slightly more gas than my Apex but it costs less. It burns regular.

It's a shame as Yamaha owners that we have to do so much more to make our sleds the way we want. That GSX Doo would have been stock and cost thousands less. Just needs a little front end work to reduce the twitchiness/darting, otherwise it's a great sled.

Last edited:

Back