• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

who needs help:maint help

Thanks Guys, well we just picked up a rx1 for my brotherinlaw yesterday and you might say its ROUGH,
But its SO much more fun working thru a machine when you have some idea of what your doing, what's needed, and some conversation and help, I remember stumbling threw it first time, Larry

I would take you up on that if I was closer. :( I can drink beer, shoot the #*$&@ and spin a wrench with the best.

Dude I live on the other side of the state. Great offer and would love to take you up on the wrench'n / drink'n. I will see what I can do this year, may ride over that way if the conditions get good.

thanks as long as im not gone ridding my door is open to friends my garage is heated with the wood stove its like summer in the garage in January.

Off topic a little bit, but does your insurance cover your wood stove? I wanted to put a wood stove in my garage, but insurance said they wouldn't cover it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off topic a little bit, but does your insurance cover your wood stove? I wanted to put a wood stove in my garage, but insurance said they wouldn't cover it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well when it was in the house it was an extra 50 bucks a year I havent exactly told them it is in the garage now.

Thor, some folks down the road did that and when house burnt down and they found stove in garage they canceled policy, they don't live around here anymore lost everything.
Be careful.

Garage is detached so if it burns it burns but yes thanks for the heads up. everything of value in it is independently insured.

Well my RX is ready, here is what's been done this summer.
1. 13mm sway bar & bushings w/links
2. Pulled MONO skid-sand blasted & painted.
3. Cleaned and re-greased all wheel bearings.
4. Cleaned & regressed J.Shaft&axle bearings
5. Had both clutches rebuilt w/14.6rollers
Done by Chris @ Schmidtbros .
6. Installed K&N filters w/165 mains & red
Springs
7. Installed a temp gauge.
8. Installed piggy back double clicker frt
Shocks GYTR, got them from Travis@barn
9. Repaired a exhaust rattle under tunnel.
10. Synced carbs.
11. Replaced all skid bushings.
12. Installed 22tooth top gear & 68 link chain
13. Made & painted frt bumper also painted
Tail pipe side covers.
IMG_20150831_155019.jpg
IMG_20150819_143549.jpg

Ol"Ghost is starting and running smooth, just need a test run to see if any carb tweek needed.
***only thing left is I got a #*$&@ wire or plug and speedo is acting up:::

So still have time to help someone who might need it, but deal is if you get help you offer to help someone out in future.
IMG_20150831_155019.jpg

I agree great sled looks and sounds like you did a great job! Bigdog don't be discouraged if nobody takes you up on your very gracious offer. Most of the guys on here like to do their own work. Now make the offer the first day the trails open and I bet the line would be long! What I am saying is it's time. Get the sled ready now not in winter!

Back