• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winder won't start after oil change

Sorry guys it is a 2017 without the heated rov. Maybe that wasn't what the problem was but it started up as soon as I unplugged it. I thought maybe it didn't build up oil psi. soon enough when I first started it and waited as the manual suggested but that didn't work either. I didn't unplug anything but the reverse motor wires and the main connector when you take off the hood. I just thought it was what it was when it started up.

What did you unplug
There is not any electric components on a 17 ROV

I’d think it was just a coincidence

What did you unplug
There is not any electric components on a 17 ROV

I’d think it was just a coincidence
In my last reply I said it was a 17 w/out the heated rov., and I only unplugged the reverse motor and main plug to take the hood off. Hopefully it doesn't happen anymore whatever it was.

In my last reply I said it was a 17 w/out the heated rov., and I only unplugged the reverse motor and main plug to take the hood off. Hopefully it doesn't happen anymore whatever it was.
Did you plug back in (rov according to the above) whatever you unplugged before to get it running? And is everything still functioning fine? If it is, might have just been a freak incident, and you were correct with the original fuel diagnosis.

Possible the heated rollover valve shorted out internally and popped a fuse.
That would be my guess from the above information without looking at a wiring schematic.
Sorry guys it is a 2017 without the heated rov. Maybe that wasn't what the problem was but it started up as soon as I unplugged it. I thought maybe it didn't build up oil psi. soon enough when I first started it and waited as the manual suggested but that didn't work either. I didn't unplug anything but the reverse motor wires and the main connector when you take off the hood. I just thought it was what it was when it started up.
Like to hear about people doing their own maintenance! That is how you become accustomed to your sled, and it will serve its purpose if something happens on the trail, just knowing how to take the hood off to get to fuses, relays, and other under hood components! Or even the knowledge of changing one’s belt can save the day when we n the trails!
I just never heard of your fix thing and thought I’d comment!

Again, good for you for doing your own maintenance!

So you took off the Reverse Motor Connector?
That kind of triggered a thought. He said he changed the track. Maybe the reverse gears were not quite put back in the right spot, and the sled thought it was in reverse? Or it was kind of in neutral?

There's nothing on there to let it know that.
If he unplugged the Reverse Motor, then it ran, then plugged it back in, then it was it ok............who knows?
Does the ECU NEED to see the Reverse Motor hooked up?
If so, maybe it was loose??????

Did i miss something?
You said you only un-plugged it to take hood off.
Do you mean connector on clutch side.
Cuz that's all that gets un-plugged to take hood off.

I'm soooo confused. When is it gonna SNOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!
I'm becoming obsessed with 77's "unplugging" habits.....

LoL not reverse motor, he said he unplugged the ROV... Heated Roll Over Valve... which is on the newer models, i cant see how that effected it starting as its just a 12volt current when key is turned on... like your grips or seat.... i think it was just a coincidence of what you did. Mine acted something like this when i had the rear end of sled of the ground by @12" and had 1/4 tank of fuel ... i started freeking out.. wtf.... couldnt figure why it would crank and crank but wouldnt fire up... then i saw i had no fuel pressure on gauge.... dropped sled back on ground and turned key on and then immediately had fuel pressure and it fired right up. this was all before i did the fuel return line. sooo just in case anyone else has this issue.

There's nothing on there to let it know that.
If he unplugged the Reverse Motor, then it ran, then plugged it back in, then it was it ok............who knows?
Does the ECU NEED to see the Reverse Motor hooked up?
If so, maybe it was loose??????

Did i miss something?
You said you only un-plugged it to take hood off.
Do you mean connector on clutch side.
Cuz that's all that gets un-plugged to take hood off.

I'm soooo confused. When is it gonna SNOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!
I'm becoming obsessed with 77's "unplugging" habits.....
Yes the plug on the clutch side that need to be unplugged to take the hood off and the reverse actuator motor wires i unhooked to take the chain case cover off. I wonder if i had the same thing happen that max rolph had from having the back of the sled lifted up in the air?? Anyway I'm going to take it out for a ride today. Hope you get you get snow soon!

LoL not reverse motor, he said he unplugged the ROV... Heated Roll Over Valve... which is on the newer models, i cant see how that effected it starting as its just a 12volt current when key is turned on... like your grips or seat.... i think it was just a coincidence of what you did. Mine acted something like this when i had the rear end of sled of the ground by @12" and had 1/4 tank of fuel ... i started freeking out.. wtf.... couldnt figure why it would crank and crank but wouldnt fire up... then i saw i had no fuel pressure on gauge.... dropped sled back on ground and turned key on and then immediately had fuel pressure and it fired right up. this was all before i did the fuel return line. sooo just in case anyone else has this issue.
Just realized I said unplugged the rov..... sorry guys I meant I unhooked the hose going from the oil tank to the rov, sorry for not realizing I didn't say exactly what I unhooked!

Now I did the rov delete like knappattack shows in the known issues and fixes, thanks knappattack!!

My SC Apex threw a code of low oil last week and would not start after changing the oil. Had to take to the dealer to reset code and then fired right up. The dealer could not figure out what caused it to do that. Still waiting for my 22 SRX to arrive.

Back