• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wondering ?

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
I would like to know what the mech. at the dealerships do to our sleds when the 500 mile service is up? I took my sled in for an empty chaincase leaked out( no oil),and asked them to do an oil change since it was there also asked to go thru everything and the service rep said they go thru it with a fine tooth comb!!What does that mean?

Change oil and filter , check and adjust chain , check and adjust track , check steering ( ski alinement ) and linkage , Check rear suspension, check hyfax and runners in skis and replace if necessary and grease , check all nuts and bolts

$$$$$$$ that's when they find a bunch of stuff "wrong" that needs to be "fixed" for $100 an hour shop rate. Half of the fun of this sport for my buddies and I is tearing our sleds apart and drinking beer together. No better way to learn than pick up a wrench and start doing your own maintenance. I trust my dealer but still won't let them touch my sled. And if it goes in for warranty work, when I get it home I go through everything they did. It's my life on the line if they missed something.

Back