• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WRP Seat Install - Nytro

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Want to reach out to those that installed the cover on their WRP 2" seat for a Nytro.
Any tips or 'heads-up' of hidden voodoo I should be aware of?
Just sizing it up, tucking the material at the back of the seat looks like its going to be interesting to avoid visible folds....

I am also open to advice of: ' f_ck it' and get an alphostery to do it. After the OFT relocate and a stubborn pressure fitting on the ball joint I am tired of surprises.

Thanks
MS

The cost of having a local upholstery shop do it is usually pretty reasonable - I paid $40 cash to have mine done & think it was well worth the money to have it done right the first time. It turned out great. With the other mods that I did last fall, it was nice to just have the seat ready to go when I put the sled back together.

Just take your time if you do it yourself! I have never done any thing like this before but I decided to do it myself, turned out great! I did my vector this summer and my nytro this fall. My buddies actually said it turned out better than theirs that they paid to have done!

At the back I had to let the staples go and re do it. Not a big deal, but now it looks perfect. Just pull it tight, staple, repeat. At the back I did 2-3" sections at a time.

Need short 3/8 wide staples and a electric or pneumatic stapler is helpful. It stretches sex but if you don't gave any that stuff already $40 to get it done is reasonable

I tried my electric stapler and it was too wimpy so I had to buy a pneumatic stapler to do the job. Turned out good after a redo at the back. I have the same thought about the $40 if you don't have to stapler, that's not a bad deal.

Thanks for the input. Went to a shop that did that kind of work. After seeing it back, I realized I would have had a tough time matching what was done. The people that do this kind of work know how to stretch the material and work it. At the end of the day I did not have the confidence to work the folds in the material out. Cant wait to install and ride it.
MS

Cool. Material stretches and moves super ez but glad you got a good deal and ready to install

After racking up 360 km today on it, I would never have thought raising the seat 2" would change the ergos that much but what a difference. Way more athletic feel to the machine.
After reading from guys, I agree that there is no way you could do the seat upgrade without the oft relocate.
Ms

does this seat make the sled to tippy ? it is a higher center of gravity. thanks

It certainly doesn't make is less tippy ;) I did a few different mods last off season, so I can't say it was the WRP seat exclusively, but I thought that my Nytro was maybe a little tippier in the corners this season, but it was easy to get used to after a few rides. While I can honestly say that I'd like a more "responsive" seat than the WRP (it's fairly stiff, even after 2500 miles on it), I wouldn't want to go back to the stock seat foam/height. I think it is more than worth whatever tradeoff there is in COG.

The 2" higher seat makes a huge difference while riding. The sad thing is as soon as you jump off trail it sucks just my 2 cents. I'm actually removing my 2" higher seat back to a stock one. If anyone is interested. If you stay on trail it's well worth it but once you start jumping over the seat it's more like climbing.

A lot. Had several people at gas pumps ask to sit on it. Then not realize the oft relocate was done to and say wow this feels awesome an totally different than mine something else is changed too.

If you just plan to sit on the seat then yes it will be more "tippy" if you lean into corners and are an active rider like anyone had to be 10-15 years ago then not at all. It honestly just feels that way because you are high up. When you see how much the Sled moved Snd how high the inside ski came off ground you will laugh at yourself. It's like walking off a piece of plywood when your not expecting it and that 3/4" drop gives you a heart attak.

Back