• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WRP seat

porkchop

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro Nation
Ordering up the seat shortly, wondering how stiff the foam actually is (compared to stock, which sucks) or if it breaks down any after some miles.
2" rise doesn't seem like all that much really.
The phazer's was like a rock & perfect for my riding position but the Nytro I sink into the seat too much and my knees are about level.
2 surgeries have taken it's toll on them, need some height.

A piece of 3/4 plywood on top of the foam would be good :)

Like you said 2" higher but because the foam is firmer you sit a lot higher. I don't have my seat on yet but I was sitting on newfie09xtx's on Sunday, can't wait to get mine done now.

I installed one this year and can't wait to try it out on the trails. It is only 2" but what a difference! Especially when you consider how soft the stock seat was...in reality considering butt sag I'm sure it is more than 2". I feel so much more comfortable now with my hips above my knees.

Eagerly looking forward to trying it on the trails....

Last edited:
It's only a 2" rise but if you calculate the sag of the stock seat into it then it's a nice gain in hight. The foam is a very high quality and very dense. Truly awesome riding position with this seat. would not, could not ever go back to a stock seat.

It's a good amount firmer but not to point of bring to stiff like a skins seat. I def feel this seat and oft relocate are must haves for the nytro

I love how the wrp seat fits my 6'6" body now, added with the oft relocate, the riding experience should be really improved. I think it will be easier to control the sled and lean into corners better.

Thanks all, good info.
I have the steering relocator & it sorta feels like I'm riding a Harley with ape hangers.
Payday tomorrow, WRP take my money!!

Thanks all, good info.
I have the steering relocator & it sorta feels like I'm riding a Harley with ape hangers.
Payday tomorrow, WRP take my money!!
I found the harley feel was a little too much with the stock seat so I pulled the bars themselves back towards me reducing overall height...Now that I have installed the WRP seat, I'm going to readjust for optimal feel.

I bought a used 2" higher seat (not WRP, so i can't comment on the stiffness) but I love how the sled rides now. Took a little time to feel comfortable again, but after a few rides i was good to go.

I've got bad knees as well and I love my WRP. It's well worth the $30 I spent to have the local upholstery shop install it too.

I too came from a phazer, loved the seat and riding position. When I got my nytro, I bought a WRP and installed it before ever riding the sled, I couldn't handle the thought of a low riding position. This made the nytro feel similar to the phazer in that respect, so what I'm getting at, is if you liked the phazer, you'll like the WRP. Great height, great materials, doesn't get saggy.

I have both the steering relocate and the Wrp seat, although I did the relocate after the season ended so I haven't ridden with it yet, the seat made a world of differance, my knees felt sore after a short time and it helped greatly, and now with the relocate in there I can't wait.

Last edited:
I have both the steering relocate and the Wrp seat, although I did the relocate after the season ended so I haven't ridden with it yet, the seat made a world of differance, my keens felt and now with the relocate in there I can't wait.

LOL, speaking of keens, did you go to Keene High?

Back