1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

XTX ice Scratchers?

Discussion in 'FX Nytro General Talk' started by billy2guns, Oct 17, 2009.

1. billy2guns

billy2guns Newbie

I am putting a set of RSI scratchers on my XTX. Has anyone done this yet? I was wondering f someone had some pics. I am not to keen on drilling holes into my rails and was wondering if there was another option.

Thanks. :rocks:

3. upei93

upei93 Paying Member VIP Member

Was thinking of trying this...

Attached Files:

4. **sj**

**sj** Paid Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

the above pic is a nice idea...but will suck if you forget to put up and back up!

5. sheetwright

sheetwright Paid Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

What about the reversable style SJ??

6. **sj**

**sj** Paid Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

whats the cable ones...those with the carbide tip are the ticket..

yeah those would be nice there too....but I have a concern of it grabbing something....like a rail switch....twisting the sled violently...where the rear mount would act more like a brake...

I noticed that sled built by grip and rip for the cains quest race mounted them on the skis though....no more melted hyfax!

7. radianguy

radianguy TY 4 Stroke Guru

I put a set of tunnel mounted ice scratchers on my XTX, they worked great last spring.

8. Crewchief47

Crewchief47 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Vendor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2008 Nytro MTX 45th
  9. grumpysanta

grumpysanta TY 4 Stroke Guru

i put rsi ;s on the rails on xtx with NO HOLES DRILLED

Attached Files:

10. grumpysanta

CHECK THESE OUT , ski mount reversible,,, SKI-Z ,,,TRY GOOGLE

11. grumpysanta

WWW. BETWEEN THE LINE DESIGNS

12. rough rider

rough rider TY 4 Stroke Guru

I also put the kimpex tunnel mount on xtx, i redrilled the mounting hole to reduce the tension of spring ,they worked great, only put about 60 miles on them and then the snow got soft, but they worked super

13. Cherry08

Cherry08 Veteran

I was looking at this set up does it still provide enough help sitting all that way back?

14. kkraus

kkraus TY 4 Stroke Master

I took off my scratchers after I put on my Dupont Hyfax. The scratchers were a pain in the arse! Just my 2 cents!

15. grumpysanta

yes it fills up the suspension and throws it to the front , i have run them on hard as rock trails and worked good to see full effect ride thru some mud or sand and see how it fills up on top of the snow , just atest not recommended , so pick them up if you have to ride down a muddy trail.

16. Snowman871

Snowman871 Newbie

I've got scratchers mounted to the bottom of the footwells. Little bit of the PITA after you run them over... :eek: I need to bend them back for next year.

Like mentioned above it can suck to put them back up or pull them down if the holders are iced up. I might change my holders for next year but I carry an ice mallet anyway, it fits in well with the tow rope for my buddies sleds :-o