• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*XTX is FASTER than the RTX SE & 1200 4-Tec*

jds1000 said:
japex said:
on 3 diffrent occasions last year my buddies brand new 800 r left him on the trail, once there was a huge ring of coolant around the sled after we came back out after lunch,but hey i guess the most important thing is the ski's what was i thinkin!

Please explain to me what your buddies POS Ski Doo has to do with the fact that Yamaha has no idea how to build a sled that rides and handles great out of the box. I owned a 800 REV that left me stranded on a backpack trip and that led me to Yamaha and reliable 4 stroke engines. I felt back then that Doo made junk 2 stroke engines and I still think they do. Just because Doo makes a crappy 2 stroke doesn't give Yamaha the right to build a sled thats scary to ride. Oh and if you think the only problem Yamaha has is their skis then you haven't checked your A Arms, exhaust donuts, front frame, hot grips, hyfax, idler wheels, ball joints and the fifty lbs of ice under the tunnel. I know all the manufacturers have problems but you guys need to step away from the blue kool aid and stop defending all the short commings these new sleds have. I don't defend Ski Doo and their junk engines and I wont defend Yamaha and their junk chassis. I wonder how much my 08 Nytro is worth now that everybody on TY has posted what crap sleds they are compared to the 09 Nytro? After selling their 08 Nytros some of the regulars here couldn't wait to tell all of us what a POS the 08 Nytro was and how much better their new 09 was. :moon: These same guys were the ones a year earlier telling us how great their 08 Nytros were and the problems we were having was all setup. :drink: What a difference a year makes.

I agree with some these complaints. I don't agree with the A Arm/front frame complaint you listed. All sleds with A Arm front ends are prone to bending if you hit something hard with the skis turned. The Exhaust donuts are a design flaw. There isn't another OEM doing an exhaust like this so there isn't anyone to point to and say they do it better. The ice thing is puzzling but again who else shots exhaust out the back of the sled? Grips, Hyfax and Idler wheels issues Yamaha has no excuse for. These are long standing issues that need to be corrected.

I agree the Kool aid drinking is out of control. Pointing out flaws and expecting them to be corrected shouldn't be frowned upon. But there should be one pinned topic per complaint where owners can post and ask for help. The 500 posts about wet feet, Cold hands, Hyfax wear, and Idle wheel failures are flat out annoying to members and Moderators.

I do think it's wrong to come over here and tell people there sleds are junk and Doo's are great. The Doo front ends will also fold up if you hit something hard with the ski's turned. As a matter of fact there used to be a guy on doo talk that sold a set of bards you bolted to the arms to make them stronger. Lets talk about a Doo problem I've see first hand "Tunnels separating from Bulk heads on the XP's" because they aren't strong enough. Or carb and throttle body boots falling apart after 1500 miles. All these sleds have the flaws and owners should under stand that.

I agree Dirk... Adding to the List...The drive axles on the XP were a safety recall. Yamaha has never had a safety recall.. The handwarmers and guages were junk on the 08's XP's. The 08-09 XP had Coolant leaks and gas tank upgrades.... On the XR 4 stroke, the reverse gear had an issue and also for 09 there is a recall on the clutch for the XR... The REV's had severe engine issues that blew up like kings and front bulk heads breaking (flying nun)... The list goes on and all OEM's have issues... Cat and Polaris are a league of their own when it comes to issues....

JDS, we know you hate the Nytro and you do not have one good thing to say about it... So keep it to your self and just F*&^% - OFF....

dirkdiggler said:
cutlass7 said:
It's REALLY funny how upset some people get talking about TOYS!!! They are just sleds people....relax.

Pricey toys but yes people are very touchy about things they buy.

Especially when they get slammed for really no apparent reason...

What I find interesting about this subject is I had a few good runs against an XTX last year at our end of the year RWYB event, and the results were totally opposite of what I'm reading on here. In 3 good clean runs, I was ahead of the XTX by at least 4 or more lengths after 600 feet and the farther I went, the gap increased. I realize I have some bolt on mods, but he had his fair share as well. At first, I thought I was gonna get my doors blown clean off, but after the 2nd run and then the 3rd, the results were always the same. I'd love to run a few of the fast ones on here to see where I truly stand. Below is the only pic I have with me racing against the XTX, but you can just barely see my sled on the far inside ahead of them all, and it got a whole lot uglier at the finish line :-o

Attachments

• Racing the XTX at the RWYB April 2009.jpg
    Racing the XTX at the RWYB April 2009.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 69
SledFreak said:
I agree Dirk... Adding to the List...The drive axles on the XP were a safety recall. Yamaha has never had a safety recall.. The handwarmers and guages were junk on the 08's XP's. The 08-09 XP had Coolant leaks and gas tank upgrades.... On the XR 4 stroke, the reverse gear had an issue and also for 09 there is a recall on the clutch for the XR... The REV's had severe engine issues that blew up like kings and front bulk heads breaking (flying nun)... The list goes on and all OEM's have issues... Cat and Polaris are a league of their own when it comes to issues....

JDS, we know you hate the Nytro and you do not have one good thing to say about it... So keep it to your self and just F*&^% - OFF....

Seriously, you can't even mention the XR first year issues on a Nytro forum without completely embarrassing yourself. You guys who had 08 Nytros would have killed for a reverse gear spring change and clutch button update. LOL!

There have been few sleds over the years that have been a bigger first year disaster than the 08 Nytro. Why do you think you could pick from hundreds of 09 Nytros for $7,000 at the end of last season?

The Doo XR was a smashing first year success story.

madthumper said:
SledFreak said:

Seriously, you can't even mention the XR first year issues on a Nytro forum without completely embarrassing yourself. You guys who had 08 Nytros would have killed for a reverse gear spring change and clutch button update. LOL!

There have been few sleds over the years that have been a bigger first year disaster than the 08 Nytro. Why do you think you could pick from hundreds of 09 Nytros for $7,000 at the end of last season?

The Doo XR was a smashing first year success story.

I guess it made up for the huge disappointment from the Mach Z from 05-07, when they finally realized the only smart thing to do was to discontinue the line? :die

I'm sure the 2009 and 2010 Nytros are a big improvement over the 08 I own. I guess I'm a little pissed because right now I own an 08 that needs exhaust donuts replaced and a few other things and the sled is worth about half of what I paid 3 thousand miles ago. Maybe at the end of the season I'll be able to pick up a 10 grand 2010 Nytro for 7 grand and I wont feel so bad about all the money I'm losing on the 08.

If you guys can stop the bashing this thread may survive the dog pile. Then you'll be able to continue to discuss your matters. Perhaps pm each other so we others don't have to read your bickering and check these posts thinking that someone has something good to say. We may know who initiated this but lets not acknowledge their rants as this fuels fire. We all know the mods are watching so who needs booted here.

jds1000 said:
I'm sure the 2009 and 2010 Nytros are a big improvement over the 08 I own. I guess I'm a little pissed because right now I own an 08 that needs exhaust donuts replaced and a few other things and the sled is worth about half of what I paid 3 thousand miles ago. Maybe at the end of the season I'll be able to pick up a 10 grand 2010 Nytro for 7 grand and I wont feel so bad about all the money I'm losing on the 08.

Please don't and stick with DOO's for our piece of mind....

SledFreak said:
jds1000 said:

I wouldn't be buying it for me. My wife loves her Nytro and right now she still wants to ride team blue. She is next in line for a new sled and this will be her last season with the 08 Nytro and its her choice what I will be buying next. I'm not anti Yamaha, I own two of them and two Doo's. I'm just not a big fan of the 08 Nytro. I was banned a few years back from DooTalk because I posted positive posts about my Apex and I voiced my opinion about SkiDoos junk engines. They were very closed minded on that site and also way too sensitive. They drank lots of yellow koolaid and made excuses for all of SkiDoos faults. I'm thinking TY is just a blue version of DooTalk so I'm going to keep my opinions to myself from now on. I'm turning over a new leaf!! :yam: :rocks: :4STroke: :-o ;)!

jds1000 said:
SledFreak said:
jds1000 said:

I wouldn't be buying it for me. My wife loves her Nytro and right now she still wants to ride team blue. She is next in line for a new sled and this will be her last season with the 08 Nytro and its her choice what I will be buying next. I'm not anti Yamaha, I own two of them and two Doo's. I'm just not a big fan of the 08 Nytro. I was banned a few years back from DooTalk because I posted positive posts about my Apex and I voiced my opinion about SkiDoos junk engines. They were very closed minded on that site and also way too sensitive. They drank lots of yellow koolaid and made excuses for all of SkiDoos faults. I'm thinking TY is just a blue version of DooTalk so I'm going to keep my opinions to myself from now on. I'm turning over a new leaf!! :yam: :rocks: :4STroke: :-o ;)!
Nobody wants to hear bad things about the sled they own. Wether it is true or not. Just human physcology.

Back