• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx skid in rtx

Boots11

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 Nytro RTX
barkers exhaust
Has anyone put an xtx skid in an rtx? I am thinking about trying to find an xtx skid to put in my rtx if it will fit... Either do that or get the rail extensions and extended out to a 136 or 141.

Anyone extend their's out with the rail extensions? how does it handle and would the 136 be enough?

Yeah mine has OFT tip up rail extensions. Handles awesome. They seem strong. Have not had any issues with the rail ext at all. Although it does move the adjusters to the outside of the rails and push back, which is awkward when you run outside wheels.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fb970e1243b0ac281f96cba94c1ae10f.jpg

Im in the process of installing an offset axle so everything sits pretty, but even with the extra stress of having the wheel below the rail they have held up well. Just don't forget the tunnel extension or you are going to have a wet back.

Stretched to 144" with a 1.75 back country track.

fb970e1243b0ac281f96cba94c1ae10f.jpg

Im in the process of installing an offset axle so everything sits pretty, but even with the extra stress of having the wheel below the rail they have held up well. Just don't forget the tunnel extension or you are going to have a wet back.

Stretched to 144" with a 1.75 back country track.

Did you have to take your tunnel protectors out for the track to fit? this is pretty much the same set up that i would like to do, just i want to run the 1.6 ice cobra... does the suspension absorb the bumps better or can you noticed it being extended? Curious cause i was thinking that it might buck worse going over the bump with the rails being that far past the shock

I stretched mine to 136" without the tipped up rails and love it. I have a 1 1/4" Ripsaw 2 and it's sweet. No studs and it hooks up great. I wouldn't hesitate to try 144" next time. In a perfect world, and money being no object, next time I'd do the Star relocate and stretch it to 144". I used a Hartman kit and although I don't think he's a sponsor of this site, he was awesome and I'd use him again. Good luck.

It's an 08. My protectors are gone.

I ride bumpy, backwoods ungroomed trails, and I love the handling. Doesn't seem to affect much.

If your afraid of handling issues get tip up rails, my tip ups have been made ineffective because of the 8" wheels with no offset, but if done right on trail it will feel more or less like a short track, get in the deeper stuff and the extra length comes into play.

It's an 08. My protectors are gone.

I ride bumpy, backwoods ungroomed trails, and I love the handling. Doesn't seem to affect much.

If your afraid of handling issues get tip up rails, my tip ups have been made ineffective because of the 8" wheels with no offset, but if done right on trail it will feel more or less like a short track, get in the deeper stuff and the extra length comes into play.

Thanks, this is definately something i am going to look forward too..
I have been looking for info on this but havent seemed to find much until now

I stretched mine to 136" without the tipped up rails and love it. I have a 1 1/4" Ripsaw 2 and it's sweet. No studs and it hooks up great. I wouldn't hesitate to try 144" next time. In a perfect world, and money being no object, next time I'd do the Star relocate and stretch it to 144". I used a Hartman kit and although I don't think he's a sponsor of this site, he was awesome and I'd use him again. Good luck.

Thanks, does it bridge the bumps well? how does it handle in the turns? i have read that some people are saying that the 136 is pushing a bi more in the turns, this true?

I have the tuners which can push a bit anyway but it still handles awesome and off trail capabilities offset any push. I'd really like to try the Mountaintech 41+2 crossover front end now! It definitely bridges the moguls and traction is great. I can slide the back end when I want to now in corners. The skis come up better now too!

Mine pushes a little, but I've found that a small amount of leaning into the corners, along with the usual tuning of suspension settings, made it pretty much non existent.

Makes me laugh because every time you see a stock advertising picture of a nytro, the rider is leaning off the sled like a madman. It's just not a leisurely ride kind of machine in the first place.

You nailed it Patamaran, any time you do anything to these sleds, they require a re-tune. And they are not a machine that drives itself. You have to be in it on the trail.

sweet! do you have a link for the oft? I have been looking but it keeps sending me to the hartman site and it doesnt show you the different ones that they have like some of the other sites

Thats for sure, I am leaning to turn mine now. They are a machine that you have to work some to make them go where you want, but just adds to the fun of it

I am having a hard time finding them, maybe shoot an email to OFT see if they still make them.

Do it Boots! You won't regret it. Like I said, Tom at Hartman's is great to deal with and full of good info. Call him and talk to him and you'll see. If not, I'm sure that the OFT stuff is quality too. Either way, you will love the longer track. Tracks USA also has kits.

Back