• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xtx skid swaps

raginyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 xtx
Anyone swap out a xtx skid for something else? I’m seeing people do rmotion 137s but am wondering if anyone has done an xtx. Not coming up with anything on the search

I have an XTX and I swapped in a Arctic Cat 141 skid. You have to use the skid out of a crossfire or swap in the longer center shock. This fixes the track tensioning issue in the nytro. There's a huge thread about it in the mountain section with all the measurements.

I have some details in the float skid thread over in the mountain section - I did a 141" float skid swap into my XTX.

Whew just read thru that whole float skid thread. I think I’ll try and have the shocks valved first was hoping to do a rmotion swap at some point but don’t know about rail extensions on those. Never seen any before. Was an rmotion on Fb market today for 400 bucks…

Whew just read thru that whole float skid thread. I think I’ll try and have the shocks valved first was hoping to do a rmotion swap at some point but don’t know about rail extensions on those. Never seen any before. Was an rmotion on Fb market today for 400 bucks…

I bought my XF Float skid for $350 off Craigslist and then sold my stock skid for somewhere around $200 plus shipping.

Main drivers for me were weight savings and avoiding the shock blow out issues. I don't know that the float skid provides a crazy good trail ride, but it was almost 40 lbs lighter! If I was after the ultimate trail ride I'd probably try the Rmotion route.

I’ll try the shocks and if I don’t like them next year I might do a 146 rmotion, ice age has 146”rails for rmotion

Back