• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx torsion spring relocation update???

rough rider

Expert
I see on the newer xtx that the spring holder behind the idler wheel on rail has been moved up and uses different hard ware, has anyone updated their 09-010 mounts, if so how do u know where to mount the new holders, do u need to drill holes??

I bought new spring guides this fall to replace mine, they were showing dome signs of wear...I also bought the brackets to update to '10 spec...still haven't replaced them. I think you have to drill 1 hole to mount these. I guess it will be part of my spring maintenance now, lol

Yes I did it. Works good. I was a little worried that the stock springs would be to short but not an issue. Seem to remember using an existing hole....

I did this.
You need to drill 1 hole yes.
Springs are not too short, no worries.

I did it because my plastic old ones were wore out, and it allowed me to move the idler wheel forward, and add a custom mount to add another full size idler wheel. I also have the smaller wheels up front and in the middle of the rails too. Over 4000km on these slides and still 1/2 thick.

img1129cq.jpg

hmmm.....was planning this for this summer, my torson springs showed signs of hitting my extra wheel set (part of excell oversize/additional wheel kit), wheel mounting block showed signs of hitting after test ride. removed wheels and modify this summer.

a quick question does the new mount help with rear sag issuses???

would you have part # list for upgrade?

Your correct, when you do the 2011 mount update it does raise the preload of the spring a bit, but no it didn't help at all with sag. Nothing does, there is just too much friction in those dam slider tubes.

And yes adding the full-size wheel behind the torsion mount, I needed to mill clearance in the aluminum piece I made since the springs were hitting it at full bottom. Once I put the clearance in it works great. I can snap a pic if you want.

Beenba said:
Your correct, when you do the 2011 mount update it does raise the preload of the spring a bit, but no it didn't help at all with sag. Nothing does, there is just too much friction in those dam slider tubes.

And yes adding the full-size wheel behind the torsion mount, I needed to mill clearance in the aluminum piece I made since the springs were hitting it at full bottom. Once I put the clearance in it works great. I can snap a pic if you want.

Yes, pictures!
:worth:

torsion spring relocation

hi there.....could you shoot me a couple pics of what you did, i would like to compare it mine.

i have a nytro xtx with star kit, excell (add'l) wheel kit. i had to remove the add'l set in front of the idlers with torsion spring bracket because springs would hit mounts when just before fully compressed. i was thinking about the torsion spring upgrade, if it helps a bit with sag would be good, hygear spring spacers help a bit, star kit helps a bit also. iam probably going build a new rear suspension arm to get rid of that useless heavy piece, as it's no longer used with the star kit.

also curious what you meant by 2011 idler wheel upgrade...never heard of this, what is it?

thanks....billy

The 2013 spring holders were even updated again.
With a steel cap to keep the holder from flipping over during a tough ride.

The 2013 spring holders were even updated again.
With a steel cap to keep the holder from flipping over during a tough ride.
Will the 13 spring holders bolt right on to the 11 skid. I broke 2 sets of holders this week and can't figure out why

Back