• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha 60th Anniversary Apparel Colors

Caveman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha, Polaris, SkiDoo.
Unless there's a reason I'm not aware of, like maybe Yamaha is getting ready to buy BRP for stock and cash...yeah right, ...or this was the color scheme Yamaha used decades ago, but why in the heck did Yamaha roll out their 60th anniversary apparel and promo swag today using Black and Yellow as the primary colors? It's ugly and although I've owned plenty, I don't want to be confused with the Skidoo crowd and the wannabe comments I'm sure to hear from my buds if I bought some of this stuff. $29.95 for a T Shirt is ridiculous anyways but then to load it with BRP's most popular and oldest colors as your anniversary design is a terrible idea. What's next, the 60th anniversary sled with a black and yellow gas tank and trim?

Attachments

• Yamaha 60th Hat.jpg
    Yamaha 60th Hat.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Yamaha 60th T Shirt.jpg
    Yamaha 60th T Shirt.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 432
  • Yamaha 60th Anniv Swag.jpg
    Yamaha 60th Anniv Swag.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 395

Are you serious? Yellow and black really

This has to be a joke doesn't it?? :dunno:
I would never wear any of this stuff! :o|

I think they look cool. Yamaha has used a variety of color combos throughout the years in the same block stripe pattern. I have seen yellow/black, red/white, blue/white. I wonder which came first? I think red/white but the King Kenny Roberts made that yellow/black look cool kicking #*$&@ in all forms of motorcycle racing. Look up any stories of the TZ750 to see what I mean

I am not a fan of the yellow but I do like the old retro look of the mid to late 70s motorcycles. I had a 76 400 enduro that was yellow and black.

I've always liked the look of the Yamaha '70's yellow and black combo. I can see their reason for using these colors for the motorcycle divisions 60th anniversary but I hope that in model year 2018 which is the snowmobile divisions 50th anniversary that they steer clear of the yellow.

R-1.jpg
S1-Side1.jpg

yamaha use to have two colors yellow / Black where for motorcycle division an the the snowmobile was red-white / black that was the colors for the two for the two division i work for a dealer an we had to have two yamaha sign out side. that is why the yellow and black because they are celebrating 60 years in the bike business, an in 2018 will 50th for the snowmobile's

Back