• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Apex LTX GT - 40th Anniversary - Spring preload/shock dampers

bougon_Apex

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex LTX GT - 40th Anniversary
Hi guys I just recently bought an 2008 Apex LTX GT 40th anniversary with ohlins shocks. Front springs seems to have been cranked quite a bit. The sled feel good but I would like to check what are the oem specs for the spring preload front and back. Also I would want to know the oem specs for number of clicks for the shock dampening. Also not sure to have found the good service manual for it.

Thanks

You can always download the Owner's manual from Yamaha here. In it, it will have the number of clicks each shock has and how to adjust. As for how to adjust the Mono suspension for proper SAG, just do a quick search or possibly the FAQ within the Apex forum you should have that info. Basically, it involves lifting the sled off the ground and measuring the spring length; spring only. Then set the sled on the ground and sit on it and have someone measure the spring again. You should have 40mm to 45mm of sit in. Do not preload the spring to less than 262mm or 10.3" when sled is off the ground as it will coil bind and cause damage. If you are at 262mm and have more than 45mm of sit in you will likley need the optional big-boy spring. The shocks came with 6.1 but there 6.1, 6.5, and 7.1 with most people going with the 7.1; myself included.

When adjusting the front shocks spring preload, I lift sled up and loose spanner nuts so there is barely any tension on the spring; should be able to slightly wiggle it. What you are trying to achieve is have the two-arms parallel to the ground.

As for a service manual, you will need to become a VIP on this forum as only VIP's are able to receive copies of the service manual. VIP membership is what will help sustain this site so please consider becoming one. If/when you do, just PM a moderator to request the service manual. ;)!

Back