• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Batteries

slednek

Country
USA
Snowmobile
04 RX Warrior, 05 RX Warrior, 79 Enticer 250
I have an 04 RX Warrior and I have what I think is a dead battery. I jumped it to get it started yesterday and let it idle for about 30 - 40 minutes. Then it died - I tried to start it again and there was nothing there.

Do these sleds have a re-charge system? The manual says to have the dealer recharge the battery as soon as possible. Can they do this and have the battery keep the charge? Or do I need a new battery?

Thank for your help :o|

Dave

Hook your battery to a charger. For me I use a regular battery charger set at 12V/2amp for 2 or 3 hours. If your battery is still dead after such a charge I would say it's finished and go buy another one. See what 2 or 3 hours will do.

Shivesy said:
Hook your battery to a charger. For me I use a regular battery charger set at 12V/2amp for 2 or 3 hours. If your battery is still dead after such a charge I would say it's finished and go buy another one. See what 2 or 3 hours will do.

I left it on all night the night before. What got me confused was what the manual says "Have you dealer recharge the battery as soon as possible"
Can they recharge one?

I would say just get a new battery. They are good for 2 years, three at the most. The dealer can't do anything that you can't do to charge it. If you go through the book, they say bring it to the dealer for just about everything.

That's another story - I just got the sled - How do you get to the battery?

It is under the air box. Check the FAQ section and find the detailed info you need.

The oil filter change may be your best bet to look at because the oil filter is under the battery.

Does anyone have a service manual for a 04 RX Warrior laying around that they don't need?

slednek said:
Does anyone have a service manual for a 04 RX Warrior laying around that they don't need?
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a pdf of an RX1 shop manual which will apply to everything except the rear skid.

Back