• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha dealer closing its doors

Petron

Pro
My local Yamaha dealer, C&E Yamaha here in Foxboro MA. has decided to close their doors. After decades in business the owner decided it's time to retire. With business being slow he decided it's time.

I'm happy for him in that he'll finally get the opportunity to retire and enjoy himself. It was a helluva dealership. You could walk in on a weeknight or weekend, enjoy a coffee with the boys, and talk shop. I always enjoyed visiting and puchasing my parts.

Sad day!

Dealers like that are a dying breed. They just want to sell you something and get you out the door now. The dealer where I got my V Star and Grizzly from was like that. You could just hang out and talk or ask for advice and they didn't mind if you weren't there to buy something. Its sad to see the good ones close there doors and the ones that treat you like crap keep going.

Dealers like that are a dying breed. They just want to sell you something and get you out the door now. The dealer where I got my V Star and Grizzly from was like that. You could just hang out and talk or ask for advice and they didn't mind if you weren't there to buy something. Its sad to see the good ones close there doors and the ones that treat you like crap keep going.

I agree...but its sucks to see any Yamaha Dealer closing the doors.

I also agree, guys we need to support our local dealers. I frequent 3 dealers in my area, I try and buy something every time I go in. It doesn't have to be much, a tube of grease, yamaha coffee cup, t-shirt, ect. I have found almost every time a dealer will match any price I find online, and honestly I don't mind paying a little more if it's a dealer that supports snowmobiling, local clubs, racing events, ect.. I see a lot of fellow TY members buying parts from companies in the south because its a so called "deal". WELL, it's not a "deal" when your local dealer closes his doors because someone in freaking Texas got a deal on a pallet of "what ever part" and saved you 10%. When your local dealer closes his doors give the guy in Texas a call see if he will stay open friday evening till you get there to pick up a part for your sled so you don't miss Saturday mornings ride..See how much that 10% is really helping you out.. Sorry for the rant, but I have to say we are fools to buy parts or units from companies that do nothing to support/benefit the sport of snowmobiling, have never ridden a sled, know nothing about sleds, are only selling to line their pockets..

I also agree, guys we need to support our local dealers. I frequent 3 dealers in my area, I try and buy something every time I go in. It doesn't have to be much, a tube of grease, yamaha coffee cup, t-shirt, ect. I have found almost every time a dealer will match any price I find online, and honestly I don't mind paying a little more if it's a dealer that supports snowmobiling, local clubs, racing events, ect.. I see a lot of fellow TY members buying parts from companies in the south because its a so called "deal". WELL, it's not a "deal" when your local dealer closes his doors because someone in freaking Texas got a deal on a pallet of "what ever part" and saved you 10%. When your local dealer closes his doors give the guy in Texas a call see if he will stay open friday evening till you get there to pick up a part for your sled so you don't miss Saturday mornings ride..See how much that 10% is really helping you out.. Sorry for the rant, but I have to say we are fools to buy parts or units from companies that do nothing to support/benefit the sport of snowmobiling, have never ridden a sled, know nothing about sleds, are only selling to line their pockets..

I agree with you there. There is no replacement for a good dealer. I have had rides that I was able to go on because the dealer was open Saturday when something came up. All to many of them are going under.

It definitely sucks to see any dealer go out of business regardless of what they sell. That wasn't what I was trying to say about the dealers that treat people poorly. I still want to see them all stay open since so many have gone under recently. I'm just really disappointed that a couple of the ones I used to do business with closed their doors. They would be happy you just stopped by and if I got something it was a bonus. So many don't want to be bothered if your not buying. I guess in this economy they feel they have to do what they have to do to stay open. Its sad that the old dealers seem to be gone and most of the new ones are like high pressure car dealers. We still need them though, even if their not like the small local dealer anymore. Oh well.

sad day indeed.

the old dealer here did the same thing when he retired. about a year later one of the old parts managers had opened up here for Yamaha under his own flag. knows me well and loves siccing me on the newbie parts person as I make them look for parts that others swear do not fit my equipment. heck I went in the 1st week he was open and ordered a whole bunch of parts from him and no one knew he was open yet, not even me! just saw the sign and went to check it out. summer time he usually sees me once a month but I am in there almost every week during the winter getting something!

I always purchased something when I'd visit. Primarily because I always wanted to stay topped up with fluids or parts. Occasionally with my purchase they'd give me a cap, shirt, keychain or stickers. You may say that's peanuts but it was always appreciated because they'd always give me a helluva deal - it worked both ways. I purchased both my Yamaha sleds from them & the new Viking 700 SxS. I was set to purchase a new Waverunner next summer.

I'm truly saddened this dealership is closing. I'm hopeful someone will buy the business.

Hec I even looked in to what it takes to become a dealer. In case you ever wondered what it'll take to become a Yamaha dealer here in USA check it out here

Good dealers always worked hard to please their customers. I had one here (Ottawa Yamaha) that gave me good deals and went the extra yard. They would get parts in the next day at discounted prices so I bought all my parts at the time from them. They wound up getting bought out by another bigger dealer and closed down. They are not as good and I only go there if I really have to. Now I have to wait a week to get parts because they wait to have enough to order. Oh, and no deals. I now get the majority of my parts from the US because nobody here deserves my money.

I always purchased something when I'd visit. Primarily because I always wanted to stay topped up with fluids or parts. Occasionally with my purchase they'd give me a cap, shirt, keychain or stickers. You may say that's peanuts but it was always appreciated because they'd always give me a helluva deal - it worked both ways. I purchased both my Yamaha sleds from them & the new Viking 700 SxS. I was set to purchase a new Waverunner next summer.

I'm truly saddened this dealership is closing. I'm hopeful someone will buy the business.

Hec I even looked in to what it takes to become a dealer. In case you ever wondered what it'll take to become a Yamaha dealer here in USA check it out here

That's nice to have a dealer like that you can go to. Their getting to be a rarity.

sad day indeed.

the old dealer here did the same thing when he retired. about a year later one of the old parts managers had opened up here for Yamaha under his own flag. knows me well and loves siccing me on the newbie parts person as I make them look for parts that others swear do not fit my equipment. heck I went in the 1st week he was open and ordered a whole bunch of parts from him and no one knew he was open yet, not even me! just saw the sign and went to check it out. summer time he usually sees me once a month but I am in there almost every week during the winter getting something!

Cam you are the XT350 King!!! I helped you a lot at that old dealer and miss that old place. Friday night beers talking shop with the customers!

i think I am the only guy crazy enough to do what I did to an xt350 ;). always helps to have a dealer willing to look up the weird stuff you find on ty or other sited to fix problems on your equipment.

I'm sure that more will close, or become combo dealerships. Yamaha just raised the bar on dealers. Giving them higher unit amounts to all to keep their certain bonus status. One dealer I deal with is now talking about adding doo to its stable just to make overall sales and service volume higher. Some dealers need the factory bonus to make money. Bike, atv, and water craft sales are down because of the cool, wet summer, and economy. The dealer says extreme weather always sells more of everything. Lots of 9o+ days sells summer toys! and lots of snow sells sleds. Preorders of sleds even with the past winter are nowhere where yamaha wanted them. Same with the intro of the mountain sled. Isn't selling like they want. Yes it is lighter than the nytro, and more balanced, but it isn't mountain light, and handling in the mountains isn't like the Poo, or Doo from hat I hear. I hate seeing these great dealers struggling.
Don't get me wrong it's not only yamaha, I just saw how many hold over sleds Cat country bought to resell, and it is also a scary picture

It'll be great to hear from dealers out there and get their vibe on this topic.

I speak with quite a few dealers that seem to have the same comments with regards to manufacturers constantly uping the requirements on stock.

Many (many) years ago when I use to work retail I must admit, you seem to have better odds selling a product that's in stock rather than one that is not. Although nowadays when visiting dealers you see numerous previous year models.

Is it; lack of sales knowledge in staff members - or training? lack luster market? lack of promotions? lack of margins? Perhaps it's a tiny bit of all the above and more. Whatever it may be there seems to be a trend with dealers closing their doors. Are we in need of a complete overhaul as to how motorsports retail works in today's day and age?

Middle class jobs are way down and pay is down , but the price of everything keeps going up and that takes away from fun money .