• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Extended Warranty To or Not to that is the ?

I got it when i bought my sled 3 weeks ago. Yeah it was 800 dollars more but its worth it in my opinion. Covers everything but wear and tear items (belt, spark plugs, brakes.) Parts are a lot of money for this sled and labor at a dealership. For an extra 800 dollars to save a couple thousand dollars in the future? If future repairs are even needed. I think so.

How many miles do you put on your sled in a year?

I'm at about 3K miles / year. Not sure about the Nytro, but it is worth it on the Apex! (At Port prices that is.) If the Nytro has exhaust donut problems taking out pipes every 4K miles, it will pay for itself. If suspension arms break, it would be worth it.

If you only put 1,000 miles a year on your sleds its probably not worth it.

I would get the warranty. I have a 400 dollar bill from Canada for a temporary fix on my wifes sled because of a wire harness problem. Now my local dealer has to put a new harness in. I'm sure the total cost will be over 800 bucks. I have the three year YES warranty on her sled. My dealer said Yamaha will pay for everything, even my extra nights stay in the town it broke down. I bought three years extra B.E.S.T. warranty on my 1200 Doo for 400 bucks. Now I have 4 total years of bumper to bumper warranty on it.

Yeh I saw the cheepest they can go and its $400 and that is what I paid. I got my xtx from rockriver powersports for $7,600 out the door without taxes with the 48 month extension for a total of 5 years. That was in Dec. Look around and get a good deal. I paid more than that for my Srx in 98 with a one year warr. Blew my mind and I have smiled ever since.

Back