• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha FloTex Bibs

stormin norman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX LE
2000 Yamaha SRX 700
1999 Yamaha V max 500
1992 Yamaha V max 4
1984 Yamaha Phazer
Does anyone here have a pair of the Yamaha Flotex Bibs? I just bought these and they have a foil looking inner liner and are very, very warm but the problem is they don't breath at all and boy do you sweat. On a warmer day it is uncomfortable to wear as they are to warm, you guys know what I mean-my boys need air!
Any one else wearing these?

No they are not layering.

You should try and get yourself a pair of base pants to wear against your skin then a midlayer over top of those. This helps wick the sweat and keep you cool. Maybe that would help

He's right, those bibs alone are fairly warm. All you need is a thin wicking base layer, like silks or thin underarmor or its equivalent, they are not supposed to insulate, just wick and keep your skin dry. Then a medium weight layer, like polartec 100 or Klim mid-level. I use the Marines ECWCS level 1 and 2 for this exact purpose. Then the bibs. NO COTTON!!!! I.e. no jeans or those crappy waffle long johns. Cotton is crap and it holds moisture against your skin making you cold (water takes 20 times the amount of energy to keep it warm than air, hence zapping energy and heat from you to keep it warm in the clothes right next to your skin). If your perspiring then your overdressed, you need to shed some insulation. If you have to, run with just the wicking layers.

Tonight went for a ride and wore just sweats and much, much better. Thanks for the input.

Back