• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA SNOWMOBILE OPERATIONS NOW IN TORONTO

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
As of July 1, Yamaha Snowmobile Operations Headquarters has been moved to Toronto, Canada. Will this have any impact on our beloved Yamaha Snowmobiles? Will R & D get faster. Anyone have any opinions on this new move by Yamaha?

Hearing AC is on the market to be sold! To me time for Yamaha to step forward if interested so far no renewal of OEM agreement and probably will not be renewed if let's say HD buys AC. Anybody have an inside track on this?

Yamaha seems to reorganizing to go on their own but not sure if building their own sleds or just be an engine OEM?

Harley Davidson snowmobiles, now that would be a #1 seller

Harley Davidson snowmobiles, now that would be a #1 seller

Hmm 3 year run last time, ended in utter shame and failure. Should of just kept it as the ski daddler and let the AMF name take the shame of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for me, i dont want anything harley.
I love that harley is usa made but thats pretty much all i like about them.
Not a fan HD either, but you can't ignore the followers that it has.

Not a HD fan either.. I would not want a HD Sled again.. but thats just me.
When I was a kid I thought harleys were loud, obnoxious, oil spitters. That opinion changed as I got older and finally got one. Tried going without for a year again and couldn't take it. It's more than a bike. Guess some just won't understand or some may not be inspired the same way. In the winter I love my Yamaha snowmobile, but in the summer, it's about the Harley motorcycle.
If Yamaha could do what harley davidson has done (applying to snowmobile world and sales that is) they would be #1. Their following is huge. Tons of people wearing their swag that don't even own a bike either.
HD could sell crap sleds, but thousands would still buy them. Lol

When I was a kid I thought harleys were loud, obnoxious, oil spitters. That opinion changed as I got older and finally got one. Tried going without for a year again and couldn't take it. It's more than a bike. Guess some just won't understand or some may not be inspired the same way. In the winter I love my Yamaha snowmobile, but in the summer, it's about the Harley motorcycle.
If Yamaha could do what harley davidson has done (applying to snowmobile world and sales that is) they would be #1. Their following is huge. Tons of people wearing their swag that don't even own a bike either.
HD could sell crap sleds, but thousands would still buy them. Lol

Thats ok, I will stick with my Stratoliner Deluxe... I dont need to be accepted in the HD world.

Thats ok, I will stick with my Stratoliner Deluxe... I dont need to be accepted in the HD world.
Nice bike as well. Nothing to do with acceptance. We're all cut from the same cloth. As long as you're riding, that's all that matters. Doesn’t matter what brand you ride. My previous bikes have included Yamahas and Suzukis. From dirt bike, to crotch rocket, and touring. Hard to find junk these days, just like Ford vs Chevy. Just a matter of preference. Back in the day we had bike night once a week. Our group included Buell, Harley, Kawasaki, Honda and others at times. Some guys had rockets, some had street bikes, some had enduros, and others had touring. It was all good. We had a blast. Only problem was I couldn't get the touring to Wheelie like a couple of the guys! :)
Motorsports enthusiasts have a common bond.

I'll re-tell this story to explain why Yamaha does not NEED to be #1. My friend has had such great dependability with his '06 Apex that he bought a '09 FZ-1. While buying a 300 hp boat motor last year, it came down to Yamaha & E-tec. 2 Yamaha's & no problems so he bought a $24,000 Yamaha 300 hp motor. The dependability of that Apex sold 2 other products for Yamaha. He also has a generator. He did buy a Ducati though. It broke!

Why is AC on the market? Bad sales or what?

Harley is not in a position to buy anything. Indian has hurt the sales and Harley stock was just downgraded last week. I would think IF Yamaha would buy cat it would be more like when Suzuki was part of Cat. Some sharing but still 2 brands.

Back