• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Used Sled Prices

Longrider

Looking for thoughts on why people are selling there Yamies for the same price that you would sell a two stroke for.
Yamahas have the best fit and finish in the bussiness and we don't need a motor check till 20,000km.
In fact there was one year where there were no warrenty issues recorded for that year on engines as stated in Snow Tech magazine.
When four strokes first came out the perception was that they would keep there value better.
That just didn't seem to happen.
Heavey or not you cannot dispute the dependibillity of a four stroke. Stock sled of course.
Just curriuos???

In Wisconsin here, the reason for low sled prices is the fact the winters have been crap, and when there is no snow, no one wants to snowmobile, therefore no one wants to buy snowmobiles. And since no one wants to buy snowmobiles, if someone wants to sell their sled they have to get rid of it for a much lower price. But yes even the though the four strokes last longer, the prices are still the same as most comparable 2 stroke sleds.

Yami is offering $800 cash back so dealers are discounting new/leftover sleds a lot. Why buy used when you can get brand new for just a little more.

As the others said, several poor winters in a row have really killed the resale value on snowmobiles.
Thats great if you are buying, but it really sucks if you are selling or trading-in.
I try not to think about cost. I ride snowmobiles because I love it, not because its the cheapest or most convenient form of recreation there is.
I have some friends who are big into ATVs and dirtbikes and they dont really understand why Im so big into snowmobiling.
The best way I could explain it to them is that to be a snowmobiler you have to be passionate about it. It takes a passion for the sport to suffer through the long offseason and through years when Mother Nature doesnt cooperate.

ami is offering $800 cash back so dealers are discounting new/leftover sleds a lot. Why buy used when you can get brand new for just a little more
Yamaha is to blame and of course mother nature. I had an 05 RX1 but, had to have the Apex because it was fuel injected, so that put a used sled on the market. As long as they make them better every year, die hards will get a new sled. This year it's the new lighter more Horsepower fx nitro. Just like sportbikes...there motors will last forever and so will the suspension and chassis but, as soon as you ride it out of the parking lot it just lost 20% of it's value. If you can get low NADA book for a sled you are doing good IMHO.

No different from a car, quad, boat or bike, they all depreciate quickly. Long term ownership is the best way to minimize your financial losses if you are going to buy new.

I just bought two 4 strokes.. A 2004 Warrior for 2500.00 and a 2005 RX1 for 4200.00 The 04 had 4000 miles on it and the 05 was practically new..

That's a long ways off the 10,000.00 retail price tag..

Back