• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha WINS the ALCAN 200 with an average speed 117 mph

SNOWDOG wrote:
I just wish I could have these guys in Alaska do some tuning. How are they getting those speeds without any major mods? I thought mine was dialed in pretty damn good...but 140 MPH????
For real??? How is that possible without some motor mods???????????????????????????
I saw 121 (radar gun) on mine on hardpack road..and I thought that was good...

I remember reading Robert Styrle's report after winning it in 2004 with a SRX. The motor was not stock. It had a 780BB kit from Simon's CPR. If you click on the link of mine above and scroll down, you will see the type of track they are running. I am sure they have all the shafts, wheels, etc. trued for better rolling resitances too.

When they mentioned "No major modifications done", I think they were talking about since the last two wins. The sled is definately modded out, he just hasn't changed much in 3 years.

Well that makes more sense.
That SRX motor is a damn good triple. I love mine...and the sound and silkiness is so smooth....

Back