• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Viper

mtotguy

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Rush 800, 2014 Viper RTX, 1983 Excel 3
Does anybody have a line on how much the new SR Viper weighs?

Kind of curious too as to what they've done with the exhaust.If they've gone under tunel or just where they went with it.. In the one pic I saw it kind of looked like a pipe coming out behine the front right spindle. Pretty sharp angle to come off on if that is indeed where they went with it.

Ryan

exhaust

looks to be a very sharp bendin the exhaust, there is a link to the exhaust pic that someone posted in the viper area

I don't think anyone knows yet. Probably about the same or slightly heavier than the Nytro. I have a buddy with an XF 1100 n.a. it weighs 526 dry to my XTX's 542 dry. Now add 1 more cylinder to the XF and the weights should be close.

Yamaha is definitely going to benefit from arctic cat. Yamaha has the reliability while arctic cat has the chassis down. either way its all up from here. I do like the new design. Bit of arctic cats new design with a little bit of the old viper mixed in. Looks good.

Im not saying I don't like the new Viper. Just now if I were to buy one it would have a turbo and I could paint it blue and a sticker package. My very own mix breed!

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out next winter. See if they managed to get a few of the problmes sorted out. One thing I'm not sure I'd like is the reverse on the handle bars. It's convienient to just push a button but 3 times now it's happened to me where I've hit a bump and bumped the kill switch wth my mid section. Would hate to hit the revese button at 50 mph. Maybe they've got some safetey's built in I don't know..

Bigger fuel tank is one plus.

Ryan

poor farmer/logger said:
It will be interesting to see how it all turns out next winter. See if they managed to get a few of the problmes sorted out. One thing I'm not sure I'd like is the reverse on the handle bars. It's convienient to just push a button but 3 times now it's happened to me where I've hit a bump and bumped the kill switch wth my mid section. Would hate to hit the revese button at 50 mph. Maybe they've got some safetey's built in I don't know..

Bigger fuel tank is one plus.

Ryan
Trust me, hitting the reverse button by accident is not a problem.

Back