TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> General Yamaha Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metallicat
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC mtn Viper for 2015.
BOUNTYHUNTER
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallicat wrote:
SC mtn Viper for 2015.

CERTAINLY WUD B A SWEET RIDE Rock On

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=72804
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=48737

JUST BRING IT
akvector
TY 4 Stroke Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RX1MPete wrote:
Off Trail Mike wrote:
Oh Yeah....

I forgot the Turbo thingy for you thin air guys!

And for us sea levelers, header/intake/PC5 gets you very close to 150hp and its a solid performer with this power level IMHO.

Really 150 hp? What brand of header/intake/PC5?

I need to research this!

I have a Hauck header and street bike muffler and just an airbox lid mod from Hauck I am definately pulling a ton more power. I would go with K&N filter set up if I were going to do it again.

AAen claims 14 more hp with his header and muffler.

Hurricane is pulling some sick increases with their air box mod and hindle exhaust.

Need different clutching to see the real difference. Last year in powder runs I could only pull 35-40 mph and this year I am over 50 and keeping up to my buddies apex. I am talking swamp powder riding not hill climb.

sledhead23
Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing a little research on 4stroke tech and can see wonders for Yamaha's future motors (only reason why I can see yamaha letting the Nytro tech go). First thing I would predict is better tuned mufflers and headers from Yamaha. If they were able to gain 14hp like Aaens that would be roughly be 149 to 154hp. Then the biggest advancement would be DI; car manufactures are claiming 10-20% increase in power with a 10-30% increase in fuel efficiency on 4strokes with DI. can I say "WOW", now that would be a sweet set up, they have the potential to achieve 163.9hp to 184.8hp NA and 200+ hp with a small turbo. There would be no need to produce another 4banger (even though their soooo nice and smooth). Thats my prediction for the next 5 years lol
cacsrx1
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOUNTYHUNTER wrote:
Metallicat wrote:
SC mtn Viper for 2015.

CERTAINLY WUD B A SWEET RIDE Rock On

Nobody wants a supercharger for the mountains........look at the ratio of guys using turbos vs superchargers, close to 10:1 I would guess.

PowerClaw
Hartman inc.
WRP Mountain Tuff Boards
Modded Simmons Genn II's
Goldfinger
OFT Rollover Valve

2005 R1 Raven TI FORCE Race System
Off Trail Mike
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RX1MPete wrote:
Off Trail Mike wrote:
Oh Yeah....

I forgot the Turbo thingy for you thin air guys!

And for us sea levelers, header/intake/PC5 gets you very close to 150hp and its a solid performer with this power level IMHO.

Really 150 hp? What brand of header/intake/PC5?

I need to research this!

RX1Pete:

Pretty common formula:
1. Ulmer's K&N Intake Filters or Hurricane's Air Box Mod. K&N's are loud, the Hurricane is not, power is similar
2. Full Excell or Hindle Exhaust... both make good HP gains.
3. Power Commander PC-5 controller with programming to take advantage of mod combo's

Lots of guys have done it and the dyno work. Realistically, you'll be in the high 140's/low 150's depending on setup, so gains are 10 - 20 HP real world.

I haven't tested mine on the dyno, but there is a noticable difference in ridability between my MTX (modded) and my XTX (stock). I've seen it and so have my friends that drive XTX's. My xtx will run out of gas on climbs, and my mtx won't.... even with the bigger track. It has much better instantaneous power, in other words when you punch it....things happen....now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a turbo too, but for my riding style, age and location I'm not sure I would really be gaining much except wearing me down even faster, and I can barely hang on now. However, if I lived in the rockies or coastal mountians....different story.

OTM

Yoshimura RS5
and a few more parts!!!
cannondale27
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supa Dexta wrote:
cannondale27 wrote:
Not sure why everyone assumes that AC is done with Suzuki engines.They own the rights to them. Would like to see anything officially saying no more Zuk engines.

wut...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/arctic-cat-buys-back-suzukis-stake-for-79m-2011-12-28

Only planned 2 yrs and now it would seem they are in bed with a new engine supplier.

That was from 2011.I think you will find that since they have formed another agreement with Suzuki to supply engines.

14Viper rtx se
Yamaheater HID lights,Larson Racing 4th Wheel kit,Pilot6.9s,FOX Float Evol X's,Ulmer Clutch kit,4strokesolutions valve
sledhead23
Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i can find for recent deals between AC & zuk is that Suzuki will supply engine parts for already existing motors.
ROCKERDAN
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Cat designed the ZUK motors, and gave ZUK the specs, All ZUK did was build them.

Now with their partnership ending, and Cat starting to build their own motors like the new 600DI. There is a good possibility Cat will keep on building the big 1100 twin for its turbo sleds and probably phase out the 1100NA as the nytro motor is so much better.

Noone knows for sure, what the future holds for cats turbo or Yammies. But it sure sounds like the Viper is a one time model that may end up being short lived once yammie gets their new chassis developed which would most likely build upon the procross design.

Dan

erosled
Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sledhead23 wrote:
First thing I would predict is better tuned mufflers and headers from Yamaha. Then the biggest advancement would be DI

Aftermarket companies do not have to worry themselves with meeting emmisions requirements thus they can make an exhaust that makes more power. DI isn't well suited for small, high revving, multi-valved four stroke engines.
cannondale27
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sledhead23 wrote:
All i can find for recent deals between AC & zuk is that Suzuki will supply engine parts for already existing motors.

This makes perfect sense since AC has been assembling some of the Suzuki motors at its engine plant according to some articles I have seen for two years now.Nothing wrong with that.Maybe they will do same with Yamaha motors someday.

In a perfect world if I were a manufacturer I would outsource with companies making the very best parts and service as much as possible.Inspecting,testing,R&D and Assembling in the area market is.Would benefit everyone including us the consumer.Tough part is getting all involved in project on same page.

14Viper rtx se
Yamaheater HID lights,Larson Racing 4th Wheel kit,Pilot6.9s,FOX Float Evol X's,Ulmer Clutch kit,4strokesolutions valve
RX-1MAN
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daranello wrote:
2018 will be the 50th and BIG I hope!!!

That's what I'm waiting for Thumbs Up

BOUNTYHUNTER
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cacsrx1 wrote:
Nobody wants a supercharger for the mountains........look at the ratio of guys using turbos vs superchargers, close to 10:1 I would guess.

Well @ 10 to 1.....I guess you CAN'T SAY NO ONE can you....Just more, but some do like the SC for a Variety of Riding Styles.....I Do....Hey that's 2 of us now Jump for Joy

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOOM Sled1

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=72804
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=48737

JUST BRING IT
misterbrutus03
Extreme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a performance version of the sr viper w/ the 4 cylinder genesis would be great!!
fxnytroxtx
TY 4 Stroke Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterbrutus03 wrote:
I think a performance version of the sr viper w/ the 4 cylinder genesis would be great!!

X2!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> General Yamaha Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: