• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

RX1MPete said:
Off Trail Mike said:
Oh Yeah....

I forgot the Turbo thingy for you thin air guys!

And for us sea levelers, header/intake/PC5 gets you very close to 150hp and its a solid performer with this power level IMHO.

Really 150 hp? What brand of header/intake/PC5?

I need to research this!

I have a Hauck header and street bike muffler and just an airbox lid mod from Hauck I am definately pulling a ton more power. I would go with K&N filter set up if I were going to do it again.

AAen claims 14 more hp with his header and muffler.

Hurricane is pulling some sick increases with their air box mod and hindle exhaust.

Need different clutching to see the real difference. Last year in powder runs I could only pull 35-40 mph and this year I am over 50 and keeping up to my buddies apex. I am talking swamp powder riding not hill climb.

I have been doing a little research on 4stroke tech and can see wonders for Yamaha's future motors (only reason why I can see yamaha letting the Nytro tech go). First thing I would predict is better tuned mufflers and headers from Yamaha. If they were able to gain 14hp like Aaens that would be roughly be 149 to 154hp. Then the biggest advancement would be DI; car manufactures are claiming 10-20% increase in power with a 10-30% increase in fuel efficiency on 4strokes with DI. can I say "WOW", now that would be a sweet set up, they have the potential to achieve 163.9hp to 184.8hp NA and 200+ hp with a small turbo. There would be no need to produce another 4banger (even though their soooo nice and smooth). Thats my prediction for the next 5 years lol

RX1MPete said:
Off Trail Mike said:
Oh Yeah....

I forgot the Turbo thingy for you thin air guys!

And for us sea levelers, header/intake/PC5 gets you very close to 150hp and its a solid performer with this power level IMHO.

Really 150 hp? What brand of header/intake/PC5?

I need to research this!

RX1Pete:

Pretty common formula:
1. Ulmer's K&N Intake Filters or Hurricane's Air Box Mod. K&N's are loud, the Hurricane is not, power is similar
2. Full Excell or Hindle Exhaust... both make good HP gains.
3. Power Commander PC-5 controller with programming to take advantage of mod combo's

Lots of guys have done it and the dyno work. Realistically, you'll be in the high 140's/low 150's depending on setup, so gains are 10 - 20 HP real world.

I haven't tested mine on the dyno, but there is a noticable difference in ridability between my MTX (modded) and my XTX (stock). I've seen it and so have my friends that drive XTX's. My xtx will run out of gas on climbs, and my mtx won't.... even with the bigger track. It has much better instantaneous power, in other words when you punch it....things happen....now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a turbo too, but for my riding style, age and location I'm not sure I would really be gaining much except wearing me down even faster, and I can barely hang on now. However, if I lived in the rockies or coastal mountians....different story.

OTM

Supa Dexta said:
cannondale27 said:
Not sure why everyone assumes that AC is done with Suzuki engines.They own the rights to them. Would like to see anything officially saying no more Zuk engines.

wut...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/arctic ... 2011-12-28

Only planned 2 yrs and now it would seem they are in bed with a new engine supplier.

That was from 2011.I think you will find that since they have formed another agreement with Suzuki to supply engines.

Remember, Cat designed the ZUK motors, and gave ZUK the specs, All ZUK did was build them.

Now with their partnership ending, and Cat starting to build their own motors like the new 600DI. There is a good possibility Cat will keep on building the big 1100 twin for its turbo sleds and probably phase out the 1100NA as the nytro motor is so much better.

Noone knows for sure, what the future holds for cats turbo or Yammies. But it sure sounds like the Viper is a one time model that may end up being short lived once yammie gets their new chassis developed which would most likely build upon the procross design.

Dan

sledhead23 said:
First thing I would predict is better tuned mufflers and headers from Yamaha. Then the biggest advancement would be DI

Aftermarket companies do not have to worry themselves with meeting emmisions requirements thus they can make an exhaust that makes more power. DI isn't well suited for small, high revving, multi-valved four stroke engines.

sledhead23 said:
All i can find for recent deals between AC & zuk is that Suzuki will supply engine parts for already existing motors.

This makes perfect sense since AC has been assembling some of the Suzuki motors at its engine plant according to some articles I have seen for two years now.Nothing wrong with that.Maybe they will do same with Yamaha motors someday.

In a perfect world if I were a manufacturer I would outsource with companies making the very best parts and service as much as possible.Inspecting,testing,R&D and Assembling in the area market is.Would benefit everyone including us the consumer.Tough part is getting all involved in project on same page.

cacsrx1 said:
Nobody wants a supercharger for the mountains........look at the ratio of guys using turbos vs superchargers, close to 10:1 I would guess.

Well @ 10 to 1.....I guess you CAN'T SAY NO ONE can you....Just more, but some do like the SC for a Variety of Riding Styles.....I Do....Hey that's 2 of us now :jump:

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOOM :sled1:

Back