• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Put an R6 Fan on your Phazer!

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Had a few radiators from my days of selling sportbikes. I knew that the fan plugs were the same as the fan plug in the Phazer harness so I did some checking to see if I could mount one. Turns out they mount up rather easy!

I used a radiator fan from an 06-07 R6r. There are 3 legs on it. As you can se in the photo two of them match up with the mounts on the radiator. The 3rd one will need to be cut off.

photo1-23.jpg

The offset is off on the upper mount so a space is needed to fill the gap.

photo2-22.jpg

These fans are on ebay and much cheaper than the "phazer fan". I have two of them and I would sell them with the bolts and spacer needed to mount for $45 plus ship.

Not that I matter, but I can confirm this. My wife demolished her fan (and radiator) in a crash, and I bought an R6 radiator fan and mounting tabs as a replacement (for $25 on eBay). Fitment is identical to the original.

The 2007 Fx does not have the fan plug in the wiring harness correct?? So no Fan for a base 07 Fx?

I have a 07FX and it has a fan plug. I just installed a R6 fan(left) I purchased on E-bay. I cut the 3rd leg off and attached with the other two. Perfect fit.

Its just the 07 base Phazer that has no plug for fan.Most were updated by Yamaha after overheating issues.Update require a new wire harness and fan.

I will add this thread to the Frequently asked Questions sticky.Sorry I missed this one and thanks for Awesome post Hbishman!

no, base model is just base. No reverse and shocks are not rebuildable. The FX is a package with reverse and rebuildable shocks.

what size bolts are you useing to mount the fan with?

I believe they were 6mm bolts. The bottom mount on the rad has a embedded nut so you must use the correct bolt. The 6mm one I used was about 3/4 inch long. The top rad mount is just a hole so you can use whatever you have. I used a longer bolt on this one because I needed to use a spacer of about 3/8 of a inch to even out the 2 mounts.
Yes a big Thanks to Hibishman for the posting.

ill buy one if you have it for sale, also is it a left or a right fan? cause there are both for sale on ebay??

Further looking around shows the later model R6’s have a right and left fan. To distinguish the difference from right and left they made the fan blades different colors. The left one has black fins and the right one has gray fins. You want the one with the black fins.

Yes! ordered one a month ago, its the one with the black blades! I just installed it in my phazer, had to idle the phazer for like 9 minutes to watch the fan kick in and it blows crazy fast! everything with the r6 left fan seems to be doing its job when I tested it in my shop

D.H

Back