• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jack seat for rx1 with apex seat

Sly99

Extreme
I did a search but didn't find if a rx1 with apex seat need a apex jack seat or the rx jack seat will work. I don't want to buy the wrong one. They are not cheap.

I found that the Apex seat had about an inch of interference on the top surface with the RX-1 seat jack. I might have been able to weld an extension onto the bracket to make it work but I didn't use it much so I sold it. I'm assuming that the Apex seat jack would fit just fine but never bought one.

Yes go for the apex seat jack. my wifes seat jack on her 06 attack fits my 03 RX1 with an apex seat in the exact same way it fits here attack. you may be interested in one of these then when the seat jack is not needed.

Stomper, that's a good idea. Seat Jack should come up with a few utility options that can be mounted on their brackets when not being used for a passenger.

Yeah it works great. I needed some thing to carry supplies for a trip I was supposed to go on last year. I made it to use the cycleing panniers that I had from when I used to tour on my road and mountain bike. The rack that yamaha sells is garbage in my opinion. The thing I like about using the seat jack mounts is that it can be taken off in about 10 seconds when it's not needed. It also works well for a back rest for me and for my little girl when she is riding with the wife. My wife and daughter actually perfer this over the seatjack because the seatjack is too tall and scary for her. I have actualy thought of building a few and selling them but there are limited Yamahas around here. This seems to be polaris (spit) country because that is the only dealer we have in town.

Back