• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sly dog rubber fitment on pilot ski

bluegrass

Extreme
I bought a set of slydog rubbers and put them in my pilot ski wright under the bolt hole there are small tabs that stick up and the rubber rocks back and fourth I put the ski on the sled put the sled on the ground left it of a few days took ski back off and there are indentation where the rubber sets on the tabs so for the ones that have used slydog rubber with pilot ski do you
Mount it and go are you taking them tabs out so the rubber set flat

I don't understand why you'd be using a Slydog ski rubber to mount a Pilot ski but yeah, cut the small tabs off the ski if the rubber isn't sitting flat.

I now know why you used a Slydog rubber now....because doesn't make a ski rubber for Yamahas.

Anybody running pilot 6.9s on their XTX? How did you mount them? Yamaha rubbers, Pilot rubbers, others? I'd like to hear from you too. Thanks,

Yes old Doo rubbers from the zx chassis. I dont know how the SlyDog rubber thing got started but I tried them also. They do not fit tight enough. ZX rubbers and a bench grinder to make them fit properly is the right way.

Great, thanks for the information. I may run 6.9 Pilots a friend wants to sell me. I'd actually prefer to stick with the Yamaha Mountain skis, but, the mounting hardware is pricey. Besides, I have an almost brand new set of deuce carbides on my renegade pilots that won't be used. :rocks:

Back