• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro Belly Pan Fix

ezwoodman

So, if you've got a huge gaping opening at the rear of your belly pan and snow is flying into your engine compartment making steam and washing clutches, try this!

I drilled a small hole close to the edge of each aluminum brace that is attached to belly pan.
Drilled another hole in each aluminum bracket attached to the heat exchanger. I had used a punch to keep my bit from wandering when starting the hole.
I utilized mechanic wire to tie up the belly pan and hold it in place where it should be!

I've got a 2 day ride coming up on Sunday. I'll report back my results later this week.

Best regards,
EZWoodman

Attachments

• Nytro Belly Pan Fix 1.jpg
    Nytro Belly Pan Fix 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Nytro Belly Pan Fix 2.jpg
    Nytro Belly Pan Fix 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 220

You need to buy a Mountaintec skid plate my friend. Worth every penny. A must have for every Nytro

Agreed, don't waste your time with that little fix, get a real skid plate. I hit a bunch of things last year and I am surprised there were no dents in mine. I ended up getting the full skid plate to protect the whole subframe from damage.

jb_008 said:
Agreed, don't waste your time with that little fix, get a real skid plate. I hit a bunch of things last year and I am surprised there were no dents in mine. I ended up getting the full skid plate to protect the whole subframe from damage.

Don't poop on the guy for posting his skid plate fix...maybe he doesn't want to cough up $150 for a skid plate, maybe he only rides groomed trails and doesn't need a skid plate but doesn't want snow coming into his belly pan. Nice cheap fix. Just think before you post?

x3 on the skid plate EZ....The Nytro oil filter is just too vunerable, and poorly placed from the factory. Whether you ride on/off trail, you should strongly consider a plastic skid plate to completely cover your filter. A cheap investment relative to the alternative.......no poop slinging intended.

Just a word of caution. Make sure that its not pulled up to far and rubbing your oil filter. A mountain tech skid plate is a very good investment. I'm guilty of not getting one yet though too.

Well, after riding for a couple of weeks in -30c and lots of powder, the fix worked but I'm still getting ice build up in other places. I have removed all my side panels again and I'm going to put foam tape around where the ice is forming to try and seal out the snow.

To others with the aftermarket skid plate recommendation, I'm cheap and stubborn! I do however greatly appreciate your recommendations.

More pics to follow.

Best regards,
EZ

Attachments

• Belly Pan Fix result.jpg
    Belly Pan Fix result.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 230

Back