• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

barcodeperformance.com Nytro Front End

Ive ridden Skinz Front end and I own a Zbros front end.

-Zbros: Improves handling, Doesn't get caught up on the belly due to arms putting skies to far forward. Doesnt correct all the nytro front end weight issues, Can take some serious punishment.

-Skinz: Improves handling, Easier than the Z-bros to tip the sled in its side but not a huge difference, Gets caught up on the belly easier, Fox Front shocks...(well they suck...I hate air shocks personal choice). A arms seem to built allot weaker just comparing them side by side.

The kit seems like it would make the sled handle better but personally not to knock the company but it seems like I would have those arms in pieces my first ride out. I smashed 2 aluminum Skid plates on rocks and 2 front bumpers on trees last season. Zbros A-arms are still taking a beating.

The one thing that stands out is the heim joint at the top of the spindle why is it Spaced up so much seems like something that would fail it you caught a tree branch or something similar boondocking.

Also the way the lower shock mounts my understanding its a bearing I can see that pulling apart if your riding it aggressively over a period of time.

Just 2 things that really stand out to me.

Sounds like your quite capable of "smashing" any kind of arms. The lower mounts have no bearing. Just a simple nylon washer. All our bolts are grade 8.8 so there super strong. The upper spacer is there for only one reason and one reason only its to keep the upper heim joint from binding.

That's odd. Because a grade 5 bolt is a medium carbon steel that's quenched an tempered where as a grade 8 is a medium carbon alloy steel that's quenched and tempered, and also has twice the yield strength and 50% more tensile strength than a grade 5. Grades above these become more construction based products.

Also 8.8 is the grade 5 equivalent, 10.9 is the grade 8 (what I'm assuming they ment they are using) equivalent metric, 12.9 does not have an sae equivalent.

i like this idea. if someone can buy a used nytro for around 5K, then with this front end kit they sit around 6200 invested. that leaves ALOT of room for mods before you even come close to the price of a new viper..

Exactly my thoughts. The new Rtx le is my ideal sled. But I can rebuild my nytro to be similar for 2-3G long before I can afford 10g to buy a viper

Hornet Handler is right, the 8.8 is the "standard" grade bolt in metric ratings, just like the grade 5 in SAE. Ragardless on what they're made of and how they're made, their load ratings and torque specs are similar.
The 10.9 is equivalent to the grade 8, and there are grades higher than that in both that aren't used very often.

Yup we also think the Nytro is a great platform. Especially with our a-arm kit. Really makes it a completely different sled.

Mr Sled - Bump for couple year update? I'm only curious about the move forward 5". What did that do to your steering, handling on the trails? In the powder that is supposed to help it layover on its side which makes sense to me. In the trail moving the spindle forward should transfer the weight to the rear suspension slightly. Does it bite as hard in corners, does it steer easier or harder, is it tippy at all and want to lean vs stock? Thanks!

Mr Sled - Bump for couple year update? I'm only curious about the move forward 5". What did that do to your steering, handling on the trails? In the powder that is supposed to help it layover on its side which makes sense to me. In the trail moving the spindle forward should transfer the weight to the rear suspension slightly. Does it bite as hard in corners, does it steer easier or harder, is it tippy at all and want to lean vs stock? Thanks!

I have driven it for a a few winters off and on and it handles and works really well. With it being so stretched out it does lay over well for off trail but for trailering its always the awkward one to try and fit into the clam shell or 4 place. Weight transfer works great and over all feel is better then stock but it sill rides heavy. I think I am going to pull the front suspension and try one with less then 5" forward move maybe more like 3".

It also has a 1 3/4 back country and a low boost supercharger ... so its a real blast to ride off trail.

Any updates on this build?

I am going to be pulling it off , selling it and going to demo another front end. It worked well and performed well with little to know problems other then it really lengthens the foot print of the sled. A 144 XTX sits like a mountain now with the front end stretched out so far. We have since added a Super Charger to my build and no longer like the length for trailering and storage.

Back