• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha to Offer Trail Supercharger Kit for FX Nytro

Cilius66 said:
Does anybody have any experience to not run on premium fuel? Sometimes when out riding you come to places that dont have premium, can you run on 87(95 in europe) if you ride with your head and dont do long pulls etc.

I would think you could run any low boost superchager on normal pump gas if you were very very very careful. If you had an AFR and an engine temp gauge then you would know how the engine is reacting to the 87 octane fuel but you definitely have to baby that thing.

On my RX1 turbo there is no problem running on 87 on the trails, because the turbo is mounted behind the seat and I dont see much boost running on the trails. But with the supercharger it is another story.
I see that Ulmer has a octane booster i would like to try this winther, also have AFR gauge to monitor the mixture.

I have a 2013 XTX with the MPI supercharger.I can get 95 miles on a tank of fuel.my old nytro ran out at 100 miles.I love the sled.throttle response is to die for and top end is awesome.I am just running the Yamaha clutching but my dealer added a couple more grams/weight because I run right at sealevel.He has a air/fuel gauge for me but we are waiting till my mountain tech heat exchanger arrives.I only have 1000 miles so far this year but so far very pleased.

40 ponies

hmmm 5 grand for 40 horse that a wappin 160 or so. not to dis this but arent there sleds that come with that out of the crate

185hp with the low elevation kit, up-gradable to 220hp for another $1,100.00

Kits for sale on Ebay at the moment for around $3k

Reading this makes me want to open the big box sitting in the garage! I was thinking of waiting until the season is done and work on the install this summer, but I just don't know...

Dr. FeeLGooD said:
Two different Yamaha techs have told me you CAN run on regular fuel. Anyone have problems doing this?

That's what boost controllers are for .... You can run from 4lbs all the way up depending on available fuel . ... A must have addition for any boosted sled. And they're cheap.

It's about time yamaha offered factory boost.... They should have a kit for every model.
My only reserve with the super charger is the fuel consumption was bad ... Power was great.

Back