• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer Summer Storage

snow11

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha apex
This is my first year with a 4 stroke snowmobiles I have a 2007 phazer what needs to been done for the long summer rest for it

Oil change , grease the skid and add stabilizer in the fuel tank.

That's it.

I would change the oil, grease the skid, clean/re grease the clutch side jackshaft and drive shaft bearings, take the belt off and battery out. Charge the battery once a month. I would also store it with a tank full of non ethonol fuel and stabalize it.

Will the sled be stored indoors or outside? Mine goes in the shed for the summer.

This is my summmerize/storage list:

Stabilize gas
Oil change
Chain case oil change
Fog engine
Wash and clean sled
Repack speedo bearing (http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... g&start=15)
Repack secondary clutch bearing (http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... g&start=15)
Polish aluminum and plastic
Touch up paint on frame
Remove battery, charge it and store in the basement for the summer
Grease all the zerks in the skid
Remove belt for the summer
Clean and dry belt
Clean airbox foam
Clean clutches (http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ean+clutch)
Grease front shocks bushings
Grease rear shocks bushings
Grease ski spindles/collars
Store with front and rear suspension off the ground

Attachments

• Repack Bearings.pdf
    413.3 KB · Views: 207
Chubby, what is your process for fogging the 4-stroke? Any hard start issues later?

I have lots to do this spring, including a few upgrades, redo a shot suspension, running boards, rear bumper,... Unfortunately trying to get it all done at once makes credit card alarms go off for the better half at the house!

Fogging the phazer is just a matter of opening the airbox, firing up the engine and spraying Stabil Fogging oil into the intakes till it stalls the engine.

With only two intakes, it will stall out fairly easy. With an Apex and four intakes, it almost takes two cans to get it to stall.

biffdotorg said:
Fogging the phazer is just a matter of opening the airbox, firing up the engine and spraying Stabil Fogging oil into the intakes till it stalls the engine.

With only two intakes, it will stall out fairly easy. With an Apex and four intakes, it almost takes two cans to get it to stall.

That's it - very easy. Never any issues in the fall with first startup. It smokes for a few seconds but no hard starts.

I fog all my power equipment (snowblower, lawnmowers, sled, chainsaw, leaf blower, trimmer) and have never had a problem.

Mr E said:
Unfortunately trying to get it all done at once makes credit card alarms go off for the better half at the house!

I hear you. I usually buy a few things each month so the wife doesn't get suspicious. Last year was the major work for me - all new idlers and a freeride track upgrade. This summer will be copper exhaust donuts and maybe ball joints. Oh and Upbushman's steering fix. Maybe tuner skis...

Cubby Thanks for that list I would of never thought of fogging the motor on a 4 stroke and the PDF file was also a big help as well

Cubby said:
Mr E said:
Unfortunately trying to get it all done at once makes credit card alarms go off for the better half at the house!
I usually buy a few things each month so the wife doesn't get suspicious. Maybe tuner skis...

One ski at a time? ;)!

I always leave the old oil in to collect any moisture, dont start it at all over the Summer either. 1/4 tank or less of stabilized gas in it (in trailer, heat/ tank expansion) then change stuff in the fall & new fuel.
Fog the motor? Never have on any sleds or bikes.

Remove belt, clean clutches with 50/50 solution of simple green + water then spray down rest of sled to rid loose grease/ grime from motor to skid then easily rinse with water and air dry.
Re-grease skid, spray WD-40 on most of sleds hard parts as an oil coating.
Harbor Freight $5 tender works great, leave battery in.
Quick wax job.
Couple dryer sheets / moth balls scattered around inside to deter mice getting in the trailer.
Tuck 'em away & close the door.

Service the bikes and enjoy Summer....
Repeat in the Fall :)

Cubby said:
Will the sled be stored indoors or outside? Mine goes in the shed for the summer.

This is my summmerize/storage list:

Stabilize gas
Oil change
Chain case oil change
Fog engine
Wash and clean sled
Repack speedo bearing (attached document - found it on TY)
Repack secondary clutch bearing (attached document - found it on TY)
Polish aluminum and plastic
Touch up paint on frame
Remove battery, charge it and store in the basement for the summer
Grease all the zerks in the skid
Remove belt for the summer
Clean and dry belt
Clean airbox foam
Clean clutches (http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ean+clutch)
Grease front shocks bushings
Grease rear shocks bushings
Grease ski spindles/collars
Store with front and rear suspension off the ground

Very nice list and nice PDF.

I will add this thread to the FAQ.

Just to update, I have since found a torque spec for the 4 bolts for the bracket and speed sensor. The manual calls for 17 Fft.Lbs.

Back